By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is dumb for not making POKEMON U

Tagged games:

Pokemon U?

Yes! 55 61.80%

No! 34 38.20%

Total:89
KylieDog said:
They won't because they cannot sell multiple copies to a single household.

Tell that to the households which will eventually end up with Pokemon X,Y and Z once it releases. Aka many housholds with 1 child and ALL households with 2 children.

It won't work on WiiU though, since no one outside of internet forums really wants to play "real" Pokemon games on home consoles.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Pokemon would be good sure, but its a handheld title for a reason.

I agree with this. I think some important aspects of the game would get lost in translation.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Obviously there's still a some people who don't ''get it'' and not only that but a pokemon mmo!? imo a pokemon mmo is a stupid idea, pokemon's core concept is thought for handhelds and it is not going to change just because a couple of people believe that's what everyone else wants.

KylieDog said:
KHlover said:
KylieDog said:

Tell that to the households which will eventually end up with Pokemon X,Y and Z once it releases. Aka many housholds with 1 child and ALL households with 2 children.

You have to argue with tbone51 about that one child thing, he claims people do not buy multiple copies.

What exactly did he say? I'd agree that one child households won't buy both copies at release, but some time between the release of X/Y and what I called "Z" a copy of the second game probably will find its way into the household. I've seen it often enough - although that's entirely anecdotical "evidence", of course.

KylieDog said:
KHlover said:
KylieDog said:

You have to argue with tbone51 about that one child thing, he claims people do not buy multiple copies.

i never claimed that lmao, i said about 5-10% of people do. There is no way everybody buys both copies, most have a family/friend tat buy the opposite version. 

Around the Network

I'm not a fan, but Pokemon has always been about multiple versions with different monsters. A social game where you and your friends got together and traded monsters that you couldn't get on your copy of the game.

It wouldn't be the same if they just threw the game on consoles and took away the social aspect of the game. I'm aware that there was the N64 game Pokemon Stadium, and it kind of proves my point. I don't know anyone who was a Pokemon fan that used that other than a novelty game.

Mythmaker1 said:
tbone51 said:
Pokemon would be good sure, but its a handheld title for a reason.

I agree with this. I think some important aspects of the game would get lost in translation.

Like what?

WagnerPaiva said:
KylieDog said:

The hell they can´t, make Pokemon figurines like Disney Infinity and get rich forever.

Like disney infinity you say? It's done. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/pokemon-rumble-u-figures/110723

If there were to be a Pokemon U, I would want/expect it to be tailor-made for a home console experience, meaning the most robust single-player and local co-op content the series has ever offered. Take the emphasis off of trading and competitive multiplayer. Focus on bringing the family together on a whimsical, accessible, and ridiculously deep adventure.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

The Wii U already has a Pokémon games and its awesome!
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/pokemon-rumble-u