Tagged games:

Pokemon U?

Yes! 55 61.80%

No! 34 38.20%

Total:89
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mythmaker1 said:
tbone51 said:
Pokemon would be good sure, but its a handheld title for a reason.

I agree with this. I think some important aspects of the game would get lost in translation.

Like what?

An interesting bit of design in Pokemon is the way it is built around small rewards. Battles are typically brief, fast-travel options are plentiful, cutscenes (such as they are) are fairly brief, and the ability to save any time means it is easy to make consistent progress, even if you only play for five minutes. It's a good system, for a handheld game. It's also highly customizable, and very strategic, but rarely tactical or deep (at least in the main game; I understand the rabbit-hole goes down a ways if you put the time into it).

For a console, though, this kind of dynamic is much less effective, because play-time is usually much longer. It also has a very different design philosophy to take advatnage of that fact. As such, to be a good console game, they would likely have to alter the game's system; and for a series like this, which is so tightly designed, I think it would damage the overall experience.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

We're talking about this topic gen after gen.

Lol. People have been asking for a legit Pokemon MMO forEVER. They won't do it.

Sometimes I wish pokemon was an franchise that Microsoft or Sony dealt with.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Sales and longevity make me believe otherwise.

they need a REAL Pokemon game on WiiU. They are literally thick for not doing it. i know multiple people who wanted one on Wii so they could do a throw motion with the controller to throw a pokeball! i also know 3 people who have actually stated to me they would buy a wiiU if they had a real pokemon game on there.

Around the Network

Pokémon RPG for Wii U is definitely not guaranteed sales like that.

When Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness came out, the GameCube had an installed base of almost 20 million.

That game sold about 1,25 million.

A full Pokémon RPG for Wii U at this stage would be a waste of money and brand, as I see it.

Pokemon is for handheld. It wont pull the same kind of numbers on the home console.

think-man said:
Pokemon is for handheld. It wont pull the same kind of numbers on the home console.

Yes, however, think about this for a second, here are the current top sellers from WiiU since launch:

1. Nintendo Land 2012 Action Nintendo 1.28 0.54 0.36 0.19 2.36
2. New Super Mario Bros. U 2012 Action Nintendo 0.97 0.42 0.56 0.15 2.09
3. ZombiU 2012 Action Ubisoft 0.25 0.18 0.05 0.05 0.52
4. Lego City Undercover 2013 Action Nintendo 0.25 0.15 0.05 0.04 0.49
5. Pikmin 3 2013 Strategy Nintendo 0.17 0.07 0.19 0.03 0.46
6. Monster Hunter Tri 2012 Role-Playing Nintendo 0.10 0.08 0.22 0.02 0.42
7. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed 2012 Action Sega 0.11 0.12 0.00 0.03 0.26
8. Just Dance 4 2012 Misc Ubisoft 0.13 0.06 0.00 0.02 0.21
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II 2012 Shooter Activision 0.12 0.06 0.00 0.02 0.20
10. New Super Luigi U 2013 Platform Nintendo 0.06 0.04 0.07 0.01 0.18
11. Assassin's Creed III 2012 Action Ubisoft 0.09 0.07 0.00 0.02 0.18
12. Scribblenauts: Unlimited 2012 Action Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 0.15 0.01 0.00 0.01 0.18
13. Batman: Arkham City 2012 Action Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 0.09 0.06 0.00 0.02 0.17
14. Skylanders Giants 2012 Action Activision 0.09 0.04 0.00 0.01 0.15
15. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two 2012 Action Disney Interactive Studios 0.09 0.02 0.00 0.01 0.12

A full blow Pokemon RPG could easyly steal the top spot in a couple of months, as long as it was advertized and had some quality. Of course some changes would be necessary, but, hey, they could do color versions and we could trade monsters through the miiverse. I am a adult, I don´t have any real friends close by to trade pokemons, to do this online would be amazing, a couple of buddies o´mine here in Vgchartz have a WiiU and would be cool to trade to them.

A lot of people would do the same. Alright, it would not be a smash hit like the 3DS version, but 3 million more WiiUs out there would not be too shabby for Nintendo.

We can even start small, make a Pokemon Colosseum HD for starters.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

A full blown Pokemon RPG would take time and money neither Nintendo nor GameFreak/Pokemon Company probably want to shell out for. They have dabbled with the idea with the Pokemon Collesium games on the Gamecube but creating a fully interactive Pokemon game on consoles could potentially hurt the handheld games success or potentially fail. Besides, they essentially sell the same game with minor variations on their handheld two to three times per "Generation" release on handhelds, you really can't get away with that on a console.

One can only hope that they have plans for a Pokemon Wii U game along the lines of Stadium planned but those asking for a legit Pokemon RPG on par with the handheld games or a full blown PC or HD Console worthy MMORPG are dreaming.

Off topic, but one of the dumbest things I have seen is nintendo putting a U, at the end of their games because they are for the wii-u...... The case clearly says Wii-u. I don't get it. IMO of course.