By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Only one X1 game running at 1080p?

Wow, so much bias in this thread. Must find popcorn, that thread is really funny.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
walsufnir said:
theprof00 said:

Thank god the human eye only sees 30

So DC-devs aiming for nothing... And so is KZ.

Read my response.

Didn't change anything.

Raven722 said:
Actually what you've shown is that when someone is in attack mode they will take anything someone says contrary as a big defense and treat them like an opponent and someone to step on. Climb down from your pedestal, sweetheart. I was not defending PS. I was making a clarification that is actually important to make. Enough false information has been tossed around. I wanted to do my part to stop it before someone else starts running around shouting down another game because fo something you said. There are people around here who will take anything.  I was not looking to get into some dick measuring contest with you. You can unclench your anus now.

You should go back and read my original response, where I clearly state that you can always use these arguments one way or the other, so it might be better to focus on what you see and how it plays. There is no need to be rude, I have no interest in comparing either reoslution or fps, just what I see with my own ayes and the general level of gameplay.

For example, alot of WiiU games have a resolution of 1080p, would you therefore use that as a measure for WiiU being superiour to PS4 and X1?

Dr.Grass said:
Mr Khan said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Doesn't really matter. There are tons of Wii U games in 1080p. That doesn't mean that Mario Kart is going to be more technically impressive than Ryse, by any stretch of the imagination. Most of the xbone devs seemingly opted for more detail over higher resolution. Not a big deal.

Resolution only doesn't dis-matter when it makes Nintendo games appear not un-good or Sony games not dissatisfactorily and shall always be regarded when they do invalidate other non-factors of not inexclusive works appearing on non-Nintendo-non-Sony systems

Your comment doesn't mean what you think it does.

Yeah, put one too few (or one too many) negatives in the first statement. The underlying point is about how people care about resolution only when it benefits their side.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

realgamer said:
Icy-Zone said:

Gamefaqs user compiled this list btw. I think it's interesting.

Killzone.....1080p
DC............1080p
Knack.......1080p
Infamous...1080p
Resogun...1080p

vs

Forza........1080p
Ryse..........900p
KI...............720p
BF4............720p
DR3.........."Dynamic resolution"

Please read before your make a post the rumore about bf4 it's been revoked by ea and they said no one knows about it yet

I think we can at the very least rule out 1080p for the moment considering they haven't come out with a simple "No, it's 1080p" like just about every other developer is doing when they can.

Perhaps they'll figure something out last minute that'll allow them to pull off 1080p, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
Puppyroach said:

To show how completely useless these graphics discussins are:

Killzone.....30fps
DC............30 fps
Knack.......30 fps
Infamous...30 fps
Resogun...60 fps

vs

Forza........60 fps
Ryse..........30 fps
KI...............60 fps
BF4............60 fps
DR3..........30 fps

You can keep using these arguments towards one or the other, or just focus on quality in gaming and less about graphics you have not even seen in motion yet.

Killzone's SP runs in 30fps but the multiplayer runs mostly at 60fps. Have the framerates for Knack and Infamous ever been confirmed? Also, that BF4 is running at 60fps might prove pointless to mention if the PS4 ends up running the game at 1080p with 60fps while the X1 only does so at 720p.

Knack is actually 40fps iirc as strange as that sounds. I'm sure Infamous is 30 given it's a pretty impressive open world game, though.

Mr Khan said:
Dr.Grass said:
Mr Khan said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Doesn't really matter. There are tons of Wii U games in 1080p. That doesn't mean that Mario Kart is going to be more technically impressive than Ryse, by any stretch of the imagination. Most of the xbone devs seemingly opted for more detail over higher resolution. Not a big deal.

Resolution only doesn't dis-matter when it makes Nintendo games appear not un-good or Sony games not dissatisfactorily and shall always be regarded when they do invalidate other non-factors of not inexclusive works appearing on non-Nintendo-non-Sony systems

Your comment doesn't mean what you think it does.

Yeah, put one too few (or one too many) negatives in the first statement. The underlying point is about how people care about resolution only when it benefits their side.

Haha, yeah that was it. Entertaining nonetheless.

I got your point though.

Puppyroach said:
Raven722 said:
Actually what you've shown is that when someone is in attack mode they will take anything someone says contrary as a big defense and treat them like an opponent and someone to step on. Climb down from your pedestal, sweetheart. I was not defending PS. I was making a clarification that is actually important to make. Enough false information has been tossed around. I wanted to do my part to stop it before someone else starts running around shouting down another game because fo something you said. There are people around here who will take anything.  I was not looking to get into some dick measuring contest with you. You can unclench your anus now.

You should go back and read my original response, where I clearly state that you can always use these arguments one way or the other, so it might be better to focus on what you see and how it plays. There is no need to be rude, I have no interest in comparing either reoslution or fps, just what I see with my own ayes and the general level of gameplay.

For example, alot of WiiU games have a resolution of 1080p, would you therefore use that as a measure for WiiU being superiour to PS4 and X1?

First, I never argued your point to begin with. I argued the numbers you used because they either are not accurate or may not be. Even if the actual numbers are irrelevant to you, they will be relevant to someone else  and the misinformation will spread. As far as my being rude, if you don't want responses to you like that in the future then I would suggest not jumping the gun and assuming that because I have something contrary to say about your statement it means that I am trying badly to defend something. Claiming me as some kind of example of how ridiculous people can be about visuals when I was simply correcting information was rude in itself. Again, climb down off your pedestal. For the record, no one cares about your opinion on what people should be focusing on and what they shouldn't care about.

I don't care so much about resolution, as gameplay matters most to me.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
I don't care so much about resolution, as gameplay matters most to me.

I wish I could say that only gameplay matters.  If that was the case, I would have never bothered past the snes.  Yes, gameplay is the most important element .  But the ever improving graphics have enabled a whole new level of immersion into the game that really impacts the gameplay.