By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U's 2014 Line Up: Worse than 2013's?

Tagged games:

Definitely not.

Mario Kart 8 and X are leagues above anything else in the 2013 list.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
pezus said:
Mario Kart alone is probably bigger than almost all games this year put together so the number of games doesn't matter that much.

Don't expect it to be as big as MKWii.

It won't, but at least 10mil+

Click HERE and be happy 

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is 2014 now, too.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Mario 3D World > everything else IMO.

EAD Tokyo is just on another level from the other Nintendo studios.

I played both Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 at E3 and Mario 3D World was far more fun. Mario Kart feels like the same ol', same ol' (still fun).

Ouch, that is pretty dire. WIiU is already struggling at best, so to do this? It is almost like Nintendo now want it to fail so they can start again in 2015.

Around the Network
Salnax said:

2013 has not been a stellar year for the Wii U, but the holiday lineup promises to boost the system with a fairly wide variety of major titles. My question for today is whether this hypothetical wave of success can continue into 2014.

The following are lists of the Wii U's 2013 lineups from Nintendo and 3rd parties, with only games that are retail hits or are likely to be so being shown:

Nintendo

1. Lego City
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Wind Waker HD
  4. Wii Party U
  5. Super Mario 3D World
  6. Wii Fit U
  7. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

3rd Parties:

1. Sonic Lost World
  2. Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympics
  3. Just Dance 2014
  4. Skylanders Swap Force

Total: 11 big games in 2013

Now here's the Wii U's 2014 lineup, based on known quantities

Nintendo

1. Mario Kart 8
  2. Bayonetta 2
  3. Super Smash Bros 4
  4. X
  5. Yarn Yoshi
  6. ???

3rd Parties

1. ???

I know the Wii U has had troubled times, and I think things are about to get much better for it, but that's really it for the Wii U in 2014 at the moment. I can think of no notable 3rd party games after November. Will currently unknown quantities save the Wii U in 2014, or will things go badly again?

P.S. On a random note, here are some fairly likely possible projects for the Wii U that may release in 2014

• Animal Crossing 5
  • Pokemon Stadium: Generation 6
  • Endless Ocean 3

Never Mind, Donkey Kong got Delayed! 2014 is safe!

Your "2014 possibilities" list is lacking a tremendously glaring game - Zelda WiiU.  Last Nintendo has spoken of it, the plan was still to release it in 2014.

SW-5120-1900-6153

EricFabian said:
Lawlight said:
pezus said:
Mario Kart alone is probably bigger than almost all games this year put together so the number of games doesn't matter that much.

No chance.

Lawlight said:
EricFabian said:
Lawlight said:
pezus said:

No chance.

Mario Kart games typically sell to about 1/3 of Nintendo console owners. Are you doubting the Wii U will sell even 30 or 40 million units lifetime?

Love and tolerate.

Actually, 2014 looks MUCH stronger, at least to me. The Big 3 are coming.. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, X.. And now, the sequel to my 2nd favorite 2D platforming franchise, DKC! 

Salnax said:
Lawlight said:
EricFabian said:
Lawlight said:
pezus said:

No chance.

Mario Kart games typically sell to about 1/3 of Nintendo console owners. Are you doubting the Wii U will sell even 30 or 40 million units lifetime?

Just checked the numbers and nopes, not 1/3. Also, while I think the WiiU will sell that much, Mario Kart will not. After all, only 2 Mario Karts passed the 10M mark - both of which were on systems that were appealing to the casuals.