By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U's 2014 Line Up: Worse than 2013's?

Tagged games:

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

The last 3 console Mario Kart games did sell about 1/3 the console install base.

Mario Kart 64-9.87 on 32.93 install base=29%

Double Dash-6.95 on 21.74 install base=32%

Mario Kart Wii-33.95 on 100.22 install base=34%

The only console Mario Kart that doesnt follow this trend is the original on SNES

*sigh*

Are we missing something?

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

The last 3 console Mario Kart games did sell about 1/3 the console install base.

The only console Mario Kart that doesnt follow this trend is the original on SNES

*sigh*

Ya I would probably sigh too if I was proven wrong and had no rebuttle.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Salnax said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

*sigh*

There's a trend around here where people refuse to accept that Nintendo franchises sales are going down.

Lawlight said:
Salnax said:

There's a trend around here where people refuse to accept that Nintendo franchises sales are going down.

That's not an actual rebbutal, you claimed the trend wasn't 1/3rd, zorg showed that it was and instead of just admitting that was the trend, you just said it would go down anyways. We don't know if it will go down or not, but following trends is the best that we can do right now, no?

Ponyless said:
Lawlight said:
Salnax said:

That's not an actual rebbutal, you claimed the trend wasn't 1/3rd, zorg showed that it was and instead of just admitting that was the trend, you just said it would go down anyways. We don't know if it will go down or not, but following trends is the best that we can do right now, no?

Well, of course, it isn't 1/3rd. The guy who posted that statistic didn't say anything about consoles only. Here are the facts:

SNES: 16%

N64 : 27%

GC : 32%

Wii : 34%

GBA : 4.6%

NDS : 15%

3DS : 25%

If you want to limit to consoles, then yes, more often than not, 1/3 of the userbase buys a Mario Kart game. But again, only 2 MK games sold more than 10M - both of which are on the casual-oriented games.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:

Well, of course, it isn't 1/3rd. The guy who posted that statistic didn't say anything about consoles only. Here are the facts:

If you want to limit to consoles, then yes, more often than not, 1/3 of the userbase buys a Mario Kart game. But again, only 2 MK games sold more than 10M - both of which are on the casual-oriented games.

He did say it

He was specific in talking about console Mario Kart games. And following the attachment rates you gave me, you can see mario kart has actually been increasing on both Nintendo consoles and handhelds. You also said earlier in the thread that you do expect the wii u to at least sell 30-40 million, is it not accurate to say it will sell 10mil+? That is an attachment ratio around the 1/3rd mark.

Ponyless said:
Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:

He did say it

He was specific in talking about console Mario Kart games. And following the attachment rates you gave me, you can see mario kart has actually been increasing on both Nintendo consoles and handhelds. You also said earlier in the thread that you do expect the wii u to at least sell 30-40 million, is it not accurate to say it will sell 10mil+? That is an attachment ratio around the 1/3rd mark.

Nopes, not accurate but you will see that next year. In terms of pure facts though, the big games that didn't help the WiiU:

1. NSMBWiiU

2. Just Dance 4

My question is what's the next one?

Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:
He did say it

Nopes, not accurate but you will see that next year. In terms of pure facts though, the big games that didn't help the WiiU:

1. NSMBWiiU

2. Just Dance 4

What isn't accurate about it? I'm using the numbers you gave me and all you basically did was dismiss my claim and throw in a red herring ( NSMBwiiu/Just Dance 4).

Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:
Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:

He did say it

1. NSMBWiiU

2. Just Dance 4

Well Just Dance 4 is on 3 other platforms with 20-30x the install base and I would say NSMBU is helping, sales would probabaly be much worse without it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:
Lawlight said:
Ponyless said:

He did say it

1. NSMBWiiU

2. Just Dance 4

Actually NSMB U helped the Wii U quite a bit, 2.1 million sold copies even more today without bundles on a base of 3.6 million units sold. Also nobody ever bought a Wii for Just Dance, it isn't exclusive, every casual bought it for the Wii series and mabye New Super Mario Bros. Just Dance is a game that you bought after you already had the Wii.