By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Direct Deed Footage of Forza 5 * 500MB Version for DL

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
sales2099 said:

Its a weird spot this thing. Because GT fans are clearly more numerous then Forza fans.......but critically the Forza series has always proven superior to GT.

So your in the majority opinion.....but your bias makes you blind to the reality.

We've been donw this road before sales. I don't think we need to do it again. 

I remember, you don't like metacritic because it CLEARLY doesn't help your argument if you do. :P

No because holding a small select group of peoples opinions over everyone else’s is bullshit.  And we could argue sales and fanbase but they don't support your's now do they?

Around the Network

sales2099 said:

You know what he is saying......that the sales ratio of each game should reflect the critical acclaim.

I will try to explain something but you guys will disagree with me but well I will try...

More gamers didn't like Sim Racing... they think games like Forza and GT boring and not addictive... they prefer N4S, Mario Kart, Horizons, DriveClub, etc over GT or Forza.

With that in mind remember something...

Forza is critical acclaimed a better game than GT5 but otherwise GT5 is critical acclaimaed a better sim racing.

So if you are a sim racing fan what game you will buy? Most people gets what the best on what they are looking for... when they think "I want to buy a sim racing" most choose "GT5"... now if the people "I want to buy a racing game" maybe they choose "Forza".

It is not too hard to undersdand... all specialized racing simulation magazines in US says GT5 driving phisics simulations are top nouch.

Edit - About your edit... if I don't create the thread nobody will create... after that MS fans will complain about the lack of Xbone news in the site... I know I get a bit over myself in these threads but I think it is better to have it than nothing... the video is in the OP download a make a comment without added GT to the case because is not even in the next-gen.

ethomaz said:
endimion said:
JoeTheBro said:

I don't think you understand what not debatable means. Pretty sure the GT guys disagree with you.

And ??? debating something doesn't make it any different... they might prefer the GT gameplay, but when all is said fact is metrics used in Forza are from the leading data banks on cars there are, translating in more accurate physics.... preference in gameplay doesn't make one right about quality of it....
there are many games I can't stand gameplay wise, this is my opinion base taste, doesn't change that factually the gameplay might be stellar from a technical stand point....
to illustrate you can take music.... you can have a very technical musician that don't produce very appreciated music compared to other sub par artist leading the charts.... doesn't change the facts on the technicallity.... it all depends on what you are appreciative of.... but if you want the most acurate technically car sim Forza 5 will motor boat anything existing and probably even the next GT on that very particular point (which doesn't mean next GT won't be overall better)... the rest is an other story

Every single review i the world disagree with you and over 90% of sim racing fans... GT driving physics simulations are ahead everything Forza already tried... it is water to wine... one is the most close to simulate de real life... the other have a long way to go yet.

An 11.5 vs. a 12.5 (Inside Sim Racing physics score for F4 and GT5) is hardly "water to wine" ethomaz...

Let's be realistic here. GT definitely has the better physics, but it is not on another level or anything like that, they are actually pretty close.

Anyways let's all try to keep the Gran Turismo talk to a minimum seeing as this thread is a thread about Forza 5, not Gran Turismo.

Boutros said:
Awesome music O.o

Forza 4 had pretty good music also.  Here is how I would rank the music of all the Forza games I have played so far:

1. Forza Horizon (not the type of music I regularly listen to but it has some great tracks)

2. Forza 4 (pretty good instrumental tracks)

3. Forza 2 (a few good tracks my favorite is "Gone Daddy Gone" by Gnarls Barkley)

4. Forza 3 (nothing but obsucre indie stuff but some people like it)

ethomaz said:

UPDATED

MS: http://news.xbox.com/media

BlimBlim mirror: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_5_gameplay_video-14670_en.html

* 570MB high-quality version for download *

YouTube: http://youtu.be/7YfEUVjGq80

Looks very nice! Fans of Forza will be very happy. One of the few games that might persuade me down the line to get the X180

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

You know what he is saying......that the sales ratio of each game should reflect the critical acclaim.

I will try to explain something but you guys will disagree with me but well I will try...

More gamers didn't like Sim Racing... they think games like Forza and GT boring and not addictive... they prefer N4S, Mario Kart, Horizons, DriveClub, etc over GT or Forza.

With that in mind remember something...

Forza is critical acclaimed a better game than GT5 but otherwise GT5 is critical acclaimaed a better sim racing.

So if you are a sim racing fan what game you will buy? Most people gets what the best on what they are looking for... when they think "I want to buy a sim racing" most choose "GT5"... now if the people "I want to buy a racing game" maybe they choose "Forza".

It is not too hard to undersdand... all specialized racing simulation magazines in US says GT5 driving phisics simulations are top nouch.

Edit - About your edit... if I don't create the thread nobody will create... after that MS fans will complain about the lack of Xbone news in the site... I know I get a bit over myself in these threads but I think it is better to have it than nothing... the video is in the OP download a make a comment without added GT to the case because is not even in the next-gen.

Will you buy an Xbox One in order to play Forza?

Ex Graphics Whore.

TimCliveroller said:

Will you buy an Xbox One in order to play Forza?

I don't see relation with my post but I will play Forza 5 before buy a Xbone (and year I played all the Forza games released so far... Forza 4 I played little and Forza 3 a lot BTW...)... I don't have plans to play it in 2014 at least.

Just can't be helped can it....?

Every single Forza thread I have ever seen here turns into a Forza vs GT debate. One side mad that their game doesn't get as much critical acclaim, the other side mad that their game doesn't sell gangbusters. One side talk up physics, the other side talks up features. Blablabla and so on and so forth.

Guess what. They're both the best in class at what they do. GT is best pure simulation racer on any system. Forza is the best all around racing game on any system. My god it's ridiculous how defensive people get about rival exclusives, and will start trying to pick out any little flaw and advantage on some of the most critically acclaimed franchises.

We all get how this works by now don't we? Xbox fans swear by Forza, Sony fans swear by GT, and yet somehow everyone constantly feels they have to explain to the other side that their shit is better.

Nobody is ever gonna win that argument. EVER.
NEVER EVER EVER!!!!

New video... Forza 5 Rollovers made by gamers at Eurogamer Expo.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/27/new-forza-motorsport-5-gameplay-video-shows-a-rollover-for-the-first-time/

Not impressed by the direct feed it looks worse than what we've already seen and really need to see it @60fps to appreciate it. I wasn't too impressed by the Driveclub direct feed either but it looks better than this one though it is a 30fps game.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_driveclub_dusk_racing_in_chile-14613_en.html