By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Direct Deed Footage of Forza 5 * 500MB Version for DL

Tagged games:

That rollover was actually pretty cool. What caught my attention more was how smooth the transition to the xbox one dashboard was at the beginning of the video. Good to see they are getting it to the speed that they showed at the reveal.

Around the Network

I'm not very impressed, honestly. There's lots of aliasing and it lacked any extra amount of realism to make it stand out as next gen. I could've looked at the footage and assumed that it was running on an Xbox 360. I would expect these visuals from Wii U easily, but it seems very disappointing coming from XB1

The Drive Club footage (even after being re-encoded) looks significantly better and seems much more detailed.  This one actually looks next gen.

Wow looks great. The only comparison we can make it Drive Club and this managers to look superior even at twice the frame rate. That's either a testament to the great job Turn10 is doing or how poor a job Evolution is doing with DC.

Driveclub blows this out of the water. Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 will probably annihilate it. The Real Driving Similulator. RAH

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

ethomaz said:

I didn't give my opinion before because I don't like to take base in YouTube quality but I will try know (and receive a lot of hate here).

- Complete lack of AA
- Jaggies... not little
- Heavly motion blur
- No environment shadows
- Looks like a boost fo the Forza 4's graphic engine
- 3D environment with low texture resolution

What is good? The reflexions looks good, the car model and tracks looks better than Forza 4.

Not impressed anymore... at E3 the demo showed have heavly AA, less motion blur, no jaggies, etc... seems like a difference version of the game... hint for a downgrade too?

IMO

E3 Xbox 1 demos were running on GTX 780

Intel-PC with socket 2011-processor

They did this trick in 2005 also on E3.

Around the Network

Looks good but not exactly leaps and bounds better than forza 4, so far next gen is looking to be a letdown

DialgaMarine said:
Driveclub blows this out of the water. Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 will probably annihilate it. The Real Driving Similulator. RAH

Forza 6 will be out before GT7 so Forza 5 will not compete against it.  Also of all the launch and early launch racing games Forza 5 will be the one with the highest metascore and best sales and legs.

RandomNoob said:
ethomaz said:

I didn't give my opinion before because I don't like to take base in YouTube quality but I will try know (and receive a lot of hate here).

- Complete lack of AA
- Jaggies... not little
- Heavly motion blur
- No environment shadows
- Looks like a boost fo the Forza 4's graphic engine
- 3D environment with low texture resolution

What is good? The reflexions looks good, the car model and tracks looks better than Forza 4.

Not impressed anymore... at E3 the demo showed have heavly AA, less motion blur, no jaggies, etc... seems like a difference version of the game... hint for a downgrade too?

IMO

E3 Xbox 1 demos were running on GTX 780

Intel-PC with socket 2011-processor

They did this trick in 2005 also on E3.

LOL how many people actually fall for this FUD. So sad.

The game you're seeing in this picture on PC's is Lococycle. Which Twisted Pixel said from the get go was being shown on PC. As you can see in the pic, they are not even trying to hide it. Jonathan Blow tried to spread this same crap you have in this post and was destroyed on twitter.

Err...

I was there and they did not do this "trick" at E3 in 2005. Microsoft's showing at E3 2005 was considered underwhelming as they showed actual games that were works in progress.

COD2, for example, looked much better when it was actually released than it did at E3.

Up against Sony's 1080p/60fps (yes, in 2005!), super-detailed videos of KZ2, Motorstorm, Unreal Tournament 3, and so on, the 360 LOOKED criminally underpowered. In 2005, it looked like Sony had won the generation before it had even begun :)

U mean this??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwrp9hndH_U

funny how any thing Sony shows is automatically true while what ever Microsoft shows get so many negative.
just created an account to drop my 2cnt lol.