By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gameranking's Top J-RPG's of All Time

mutantclown said:
Fayceless said:
MDMAlliance said:
morenoingrato said:
Number one is rightfully deserved.

I met someone on here who would vehemently oppose to that.

I would, too.  Maybe not vehemently.  It's a good game, but there were plenty of better RPGs on the SNES alone.

Plenty? like what?

At the very least Square's other offerings were better, FF6 and Mario RPG were well ahead of CT, perhaps Secret of Mana as well.  It's probably still a top 5 RPG for the system.  I'll give it that.  But it doesn't crack my personal top 10 (all systems) by a long shot.

Around the Network

Pretty sure FF6 got some late reviews that just barely pushed it above FF9. >_>

Also think Golden should be separated from P4 on PS2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wow Vagrant Story & Bowsers Inside Story scored well, I should bump them up my TDL.

However I question this, how did Super Mario RPG track below 2 other inferior Mario RPG games?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Only thing that surprised me is that the two Mario & Luigi games scored higher than not only SMRPG, but both Paper Mario games as well which didn't even make the list. Thousand Year Door is far better than any of the Mario & Luigi games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Is it bad that Pokemon Silver and Superstar Saga are the only games on that list that I've played?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Demon's Souls isn't a JRPG.

I disagree....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NightDragon83 said:
Only thing that surprised me is that the two Mario & Luigi games scored higher than not only SMRPG, but both Paper Mario games as well which didn't even make the list. Thousand Year Door is far better than any of the Mario & Luigi games.

as much as i believe Mario+Luigi deserve great scores, yes paper mario+ TTYD should be up there, TTYD is one of the top 100 gamesof all times imo. F***ing awesome!

Dark/Demon Souls is a Western emulating JRPG.

Still a JRPG. Them armor designs man.

(Actually now that I think about it Xenoblade has a lot of Western elements of design as well)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Fayceless said:
mutantclown said:
Fayceless said:
MDMAlliance said:
morenoingrato said:
Number one is rightfully deserved.

I met someone on here who would vehemently oppose to that.

I would, too.  Maybe not vehemently.  It's a good game, but there were plenty of better RPGs on the SNES alone.

Plenty? like what?

At the very least Square's other offerings were better, FF6 and Mario RPG were well ahead of CT, perhaps Secret of Mana as well.  It's probably still a top 5 RPG for the system.  I'll give it that.  But it doesn't crack my personal top 10 (all systems) by a long shot.

pffft your long shot sucks, man. You're among a very tiny minority. If anything Mana is way more overrated than CT. And that was your "plenty"? 4 games ahead of it (on SNES) and you can only name 2 maybe 3? c'mon now...

No JRPG will ever have the critical, commercial and cultural impact that FFVII had/has. Spin it as much as you want, this game will be remembered as the cornerstone of the genre and storytelling in gaming.

So I vote for FFVII

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!