By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The more I try the Wii U, the less appealing it becomes to me. What am I missing?

/yawn        did you post something?

Around the Network

With Nintendo their games come kind of late because they lack third party. Their first party isn't looking too hot outside of Super Smash, X and Mario Kart. If I were you I would back up and wait until those games come out.

Play the Wonderful 101, then you'll like the console.

richardhutnik said:

My first exposure to the Wii U was a demo of Rayman Legends.  The game seemed to be pretty good, but I then found out the second screen really didn't do much for me.  What seemed to be something of interest before trying went into hesitancy.  

Now, I went to an event, and tried the Wii U again.  This time, I tried NintendoLand.  The second screen didn't resonate with me at all.  I found the Donkey Kong game had me fixated on the second screen all the time, with myself forgetting to look up.  Other times I try but lose my place.  So, I don't get it.

My not getting this here, and would like to maybe get what I am missing, is that, unlike the DS, I have to move my entire head to look elsewhere, as opposed to the DS where I merely move my eyes, so it is less disruptive.  

I can see the WiiU second screen serving as a way to be able to kick a kid off the main screen, as a touch pad to do stuff turn-based and perhaps put it on the floor when trying to do golf.  Beyond this, I just don't get it.  

Can someone here explain what I am missing and why this is supposed to be appealing?  I am not getting it.

You're more likely approaching the gamepad with despise, and not a open mind.  Let me guess, you're just going to love the PS4 controller.

judging by your posts, you seriously dislike Nintendo, why the hell would you like the WiiU?

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
I played the ZombiU demo for about 15 minutes, after hours of downloading updates, before I just turned the system off, put it back in it's box, and havn't even taken it out since February. I know I'll get blasted for this, nut it's just not a good console, by any means.

no, you just took a bad decision!

richardhutnik said:

My first exposure to the Wii U was a demo of Rayman Legends.  The game seemed to be pretty good, but I then found out the second screen really didn't do much for me.  What seemed to be something of interest before trying went into hesitancy.  

Now, I went to an event, and tried the Wii U again.  This time, I tried NintendoLand.  The second screen didn't resonate with me at all.  I found the Donkey Kong game had me fixated on the second screen all the time, with myself forgetting to look up.  Other times I try but lose my place.  So, I don't get it.

My not getting this here, and would like to maybe get what I am missing, is that, unlike the DS, I have to move my entire head to look elsewhere, as opposed to the DS where I merely move my eyes, so it is less disruptive.  

I can see the WiiU second screen serving as a way to be able to kick a kid off the main screen, as a touch pad to do stuff turn-based and perhaps put it on the floor when trying to do golf.  Beyond this, I just don't get it.  

Can someone here explain what I am missing and why this is supposed to be appealing?  I am not getting it.

yes you are missing something. The same thing I am missing with the 8GB of RAM on the PS4, it is just not appealing to me throw money for that. Same with the XBOXONe that has....damn it does not have anything different.

you are missing a couch, you are missing touch control of music videos on tv while you browse with internet browser, you are missing the seemless switching between gaming and internet browsing, and you are missing the ability to let it go.

cbarroso09 said:
DialgaMarine said:
I played the ZombiU demo for about 15 minutes, after hours of downloading updates, before I just turned the system off, put it back in it's box, and havn't even taken it out since February. I know I'll get blasted for this, nut it's just not a good console, by any means.

Between you and me, I was at MCRT when the system released. One of the other recruits had a gameinformer that covered the Wii-U in a huge article, which I read over a couple times, and being without any gaming for 3 months made the Wii-U seem pretty appealing lol, so I bought one when I got home. Probably was a bad descision, looking back now lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
cbarroso09 said:
DialgaMarine said:

Between you and me, I was at MCRT when the system released. One of the other recruits had a gameinformer that covered the Wii-U in a huge article, which I read over a couple times, and being without any gaming for 3 months made the Wii-U seem pretty appealing lol, so I bought one when I got home. Probably was a bad descision, looking back now lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwBpOLtFps