By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The more I try the Wii U, the less appealing it becomes to me. What am I missing?

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Because its attached to a machine inside a store.

Messes up the weight of the gamepad and your focus, that isnt how you usually play games is it?

No? Thought not.

Also Rayman is a slow slow game, not the best way to sell you on it in a booth.

Try using one in a friends home

I played Nintendoland on a couch at a tech event, where you had it as you would normally, and the second screen didn't click with me at all in that context.  I had thought Nintendoland would of worked, but it didn't.  I won't say the second screen wouldn't be good for multiplayer with multiple views, but I primarily am doing single player now.  

Around the Network

NintendoLand although it does use it nicely, its very minigame format, play it with Pikmin3 with a WiiMote and it'll hit you more.

Lol people are easily baited.. rah rah i bought a wiiu and its no fun.. rah rahh

BluGamer23 said:
Lol people are easily baited.. rah rah i bought a wiiu and its no fun.. rah rahh

Did you read my original post or not?  Is there any place where I bought or own a Wii U?  I said I tried it twice and each try causes my interest to drop in the WiiU.  I post asking what I might be missing to change my perception of things.

Any baiting here is happening in your head, or in a post where someone else said they owned a WiiU and it wasn't fun.

You're missing the vast majority of the Wii U experience by focusing so much on what the controller has to offer you.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Even if nobody utilizes the second screen for the rest of the consoles life cycle it still adds a gameplay option that is not readily available on the the other systems. I, for one, enjoy being able to play some games directly on the Gamepad. The fact that I get new iterations of Nintendo games is just a plus.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

games son games

I thought the second screen was stupid when I was playing demos in the stores too. Now that I actually have one and have played through a few full retail games, I see its usefulness. I actually have started to really like it. Especially scratching those ticket things in Rayman..

In regards to the DK game in Nintendo Land. The gamepad simply offers a closer view to your character than the TV screen does in that mini game. There's no reason to look back and forth. Choose which zoom you like better and stick with it. My girlfriend preferred looking at the TV. I prefer the controller.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I think in reality they just don't know what this console was made to do. It's fine for some things, and the gamepad is very comfy to hold, but beyond that it really hasn't added anything yet. Miiverse drawings are honestly probably the best thing to come out of this.

People are different. The more I play it, the more I love it!

1doesnotsimply