By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The more I try the Wii U, the less appealing it becomes to me. What am I missing?

cheesecake said:
DialgaMarine said:
cbarroso09 said:
DialgaMarine said:
I played the ZombiU demo for about 15 minutes, after hours of downloading updates, before I just turned the system off, put it back in it's box, and havn't even taken it out since February. I know I'll get blasted for this, nut it's just not a good console, by any means.

no, you just took a bad decision!

Between you and me, I was at MCRT when the system released. One of the other recruits had a gameinformer that covered the Wii-U in a huge article, which I read over a couple times, and being without any gaming for 3 months made the Wii-U seem pretty appealing lol, so I bought one when I got home. Probably was a bad descision, looking back now lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwBpOLtFps

He prob should've just waited till 2014 to buy the wii u. It will be cheaper then and actually have the heavy hitting titles, also some new ones like X.

Around the Network

Games that interest you.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

when i made the same observations before wiiUs release i was called a troll. what a difference a year makes.

You're missing games, just like the Wii U.

You wouldn't buy the console for the controller. That doesn't make any sense. You buy the console if and because you want to play Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Donkey Kong/etc. Once playing the game in the comfort of your own home, you realize that the GamePad is actually very nice and that off-tv play is awesome.

The Wii U isn't appealing to you because you haven't played any games that are appealing to you on it. You even said you liked Rayman Legends, but the second screen didn't "do anything" for you. So what? Suppose I played Rayman Legends on PS3, but the dual analogue and rumble of the DS3 didn't "do anything" for me. Would I say the PS3 isn't appealing to me?

I mean, it's not, but that has nothing to do with DualShock.

Same here. I tried all the "best" games (NSMB, NintyLand, etc.), but the controller made the experience worse for me. I also found the controller very uncomfortable to hold. There's nothing there for me.

Around the Network

You are missing two words..

WIND WAKER!!!

Enough said...

An AMD GPU that is nowhere on par with PS4/XBO, a system memory that left itself in a pit hole deep enough that many AAA multiplatform devs have decided to stay away and lack of defining titles as those Wii exclusives were once. It's just a repeat of Wii of last gen albeit in a next gen role where its purpose and place is in question. Can Mario be the ultimate savior?

Not enough dudebro games for you, perhaps?

kitler53 said:
when i made the same observations before wiiUs release i was called a troll. what a difference a year makes.

I remember a thread of mine getting lots of bashes for my views as well.

Wind Waker is pretty fantastic, the HD facelift makes it feel like a brand new game. Doesn't feel old at all.
People are forgetting the system is just going to hit a year old. Next year Smash, Mario Kart, etc. There will be a lot of more new games. We just got Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Zelda. Next coming months is Sonic and more Mario.

It's just that simple.