By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Impressions! (somewhat long read)

You know what? I just saw a video of gameplay and someone used Falco..and his Aerial DOWN A had a spike to it. I have no idea what I was doing wrong last night....

I apparently need to go back and play as Falco more. I'll use him more next time we play, sorry about that..

Around the Network

wfz you obviously haven't seen the Gimpyfish Mario video lol xD Different strokes for different blokes of course though.

~

Edit: Here it is, the Snake wasn't great, but yea: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7wzwFYjPWrY

~

What are your overall impressions of the game as a whole though?

I would love to hear your impressions of Ike. I plan on "maining" him.

myspace.com/neorayj

Thank you wfz. I bet you're glad that I asked you for impressions of Fox. It seems that you like him. and I'm glad that you think he is still one of the best, despite being a bit nerfed. But I wanna play Brawl now!!!

Looks like Snake is a bit more tactical, and Lucario is great for turning things around when you need it most. Seems like there's a character for everyone, and everyone's playing style, while there are "cheap" characters like Metaknight and Pit, they also can't knock people off as well as others so, all in all it levels out, so everyone has a character but one doesn't have an advantage over the other.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Some will have an advantage though. There is no way around that. Tiers do exist. But tiers don't mean a low tier character can't beat a top one. It also doesn't mean that if you pick a low tier character, that you would lose in tournaments or whatever. It always depends on the player.

I'll post my impressions of Ike later...I gotta get some sleep.

As for that Mario youtube video, that guy was pretty good. But he wasn't that great. It's a little hard to judge people's skills based off of videos, but from the matches I've recorded with my friend so far, we looked a lot better than that...

Wow i can't believe i agree with you so much!
I really can't stand Snake either, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Ike pure awesome, very strong attacks and he's fast too.
Also, Sonic is very good IMO, while not one of the best.

Best characters IMO are: Kirby, Lucas, Link, Luigi, Pikachu, Captain Falcon and Peach.
Worst Characters IMO are: Lucario (i just can't play with him lol), Snake, Dedede and Olimar.

1) Is this game better than Melee?
2) Does Subspace Emissary mode work well?
3) The final roster is 35 characters?
4) Is it better to play with GC controller, wii controller or Wii/Nunchuk?
5) How many stages are in THE game?
Thank you!

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda
Alexandervgc said:
1) Is this game better than Melee?
2) Does Subspace Emissary mode work well?
3) The final roster is 35 characters?
4) Is it better to play with GC controller, wii controller or Wii/Nunchuk?
5) How many stages are in THE game?
Thank you!

3. Yes, 35. 39 if you count Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and the other 2 pokemon in Pokemon Trainer.

4. I heard just the Wii-mote sucks. GameCube will be the best if you are used to Melee.

5. 41, 42 if you count the 2nd Mushroomy Kingdom stage. Infinity if you own lots of SD Cards and create lots of stages.

smashbros.com has a lot of info