By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Impressions! (somewhat long read)

Thanks for the impressions, I want this game even more now.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Green is my favourite colour...

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda
wiiforever said:
^well....using a nunchuk is kinda awkward in a very fast paced game like SSBB

Can you tell me specifically WHY the nunchuck is awkward for a fast game like SSBB?  You haven't played the game; I would prefer to hear it from someone who has.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
gamingdevil said:
Alexandervgc said:
1) Is this game better than Melee?
2) Does Subspace Emissary mode work well?
3) The final roster is 35 characters?
4) Is it better to play with GC controller, wii controller or Wii/Nunchuk?
5) How many stages are in THE game?
Thank you!

1) IMO it is, it feels more full and more balanced.
2) Actually i'm having a blast with Subspace Emissary... It's very cool (slightly repetitive) but the whole story aspect of it rocks.
3) Yep.
4) Actually i find myself enjoying the Wiimote only option, but to put things in order: GC Controller, WiiMote, WiiMote/Nunchuck combo.
5) 41 stages.

Seriously? Wiimote/Nunchuck combo is the worst? I was planning on using that one the most...it has a joystick like the GC controller, plus enough buttons to play the game well...I thought. I was just hoping it'd be a nice choice for a wireless controller that still had the Wii Home and Power buttons.

Well it's just my opinion (and it could be my nunchuck) but most of the times the analog feels kinda laggish... i don't know how to explain it properly in English (:p) but i just can't enjoy playing this way.

Edit: Ugh, don't mind me i'm retarded i just realised i can also jump with the C button, much better...

Edit 2: @wfz, wow you found Ike reaaally slow? I think he's normal-fast lol. 

Yeah I actually though Ike was the slowest character. :P It's either him or Dedede. He just takes forever to swing his sword, and if you're playing against someone really good it's really hard to hit them.

Ben, don't worry too much about the Wiimote & Nunchuck. One of the people who I played with the other night was using that, and he's going to stick with it. The reason why the gamecube controller is easier for most of us is becuase it's just what we're used to using for smash bros. While I did find the Wiimote & Nunuchuck to be a little confusing, it wouldn't be a problem if I spent a lot of time re-learning the controls and how they feel. I could..but I'd rather stick with what works best for me.

Diddy is a really fast character. His attacks are great for doing multiple hits and racking up damage with a bunch of combos. Overally he's pretty great, but his peanut gun isn't that useful when I tried doing it, and his UP B can be somewhat dangerous. You have to charge it before you can use it, and someone can easily jump off the stage and attack you before you get time to use it. If you can charge it though, it's a pretty nice jump. His final smash was a little hard to control..and it was rather easy to dodge for me and my friends. It could perhaps be a lot better given practice, but it's not one of the best.

Marth is exactly like he is in Melee, except for his sword length which is shorter. While everyone else seemed slower in Brawl, for some reason he didn't, which gives him an advantage IMO. His Sideways B isn't very useful for recovering anymore though. Besides that he's pretty much the same, and it's definitely a good thing.

Around the Network

Happy that Wiimote+Nunchuck is ok. I only have 2 wavebirds (and my sofa is too far away for a normal one) and 2 Wiimotes + nunchuck. I'm probably going to use the Wiimote + nunchuck because I love holding them, they just feel nice to hold (I sometimes hold them while I watch TV, without knowing it)

Overall, thanks for telling. Did you play as Yoshi? He's always been my favourite char (maybe Link has taken that spot lately though) but he was simply horrible in Melee. I'd also like to know how slow IC are, since I loved them.

Toon link is good, so I'm happy with that, how fast is he compared to Sonic? And how fast is he compared to Squirle?

Why are Pit and MetaKnight cheap? They appear to be easy to hit, and to get easy in again. Pit was perhaps one of the players I was going to play a bit with (I don't really have mains, I had 5 mains in Melee, and probably will have 8 here)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Ike is the slowest and heaviest character in the game according to the speed and weight tests.

Thanks for the impressions on Ike. I can't wait to play this game.

myspace.com/neorayj