Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone CPU bandwidth 50% higher than PS4

If you say so.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Just to make the specs reliable both have CPU bandwidth at 30GB/s... 20GB/s is wrong.

The PS4 CPU have a link to the main memory of 20GB/s while the Onion(+) between CPU/GPU add 10GB/s... so using the two bus PS4 CPU have 30Gb/s total cache-coherent bandwidth.

The Xbone too... the diagrams shows 20.8GB/s direct link from Jaguar to memory but they stated 30GB/s because there are another bus to make the coherent-cache.

This CPU part is almost identical between PS4 and 360.

ethomaz, can you actually add those together.  Can the CPU access both bus at the same time and isn't the onion bus just between the PS4 and CPU cache.

Hynad said:

Where is this official statement from Sony about the PS4's CPU clock speed?

I keep looking for it... But it keeps evading my grasp.

They are still adding the secret sauce.

Here we go again :)

Still i am looking forward to the NDA being up next week while at the Eurogamer show.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Machiavellian said:

ethomaz, can you actually add those together.  Can the CPU access both bus at the same time and isn't the onion bus just between the PS4 and CPU cache.

I don't know for sure but it is exactly like Xbone works too... the differences starts in GPU it bus... the CPU part is identical.

Around the Network
Whitefire said:
Hynad said:

Are we buying Videogames or Big Macs?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Whitefire said:
Hynad said:

Lmao, I know right? People are obsessed with the secret sause of the Xbox One lmao.......... Anyway specs don't mean much cough... cough I'll take a Halo over a Killzone anyday. 

NobleTeam360 said:
DonFerrari said:
Whitefire said:
Hynad said:

Lmao, I know right? People are obsessed with the secret sause of the Xbox One lmao.......... Anyway specs don't mean much cough... cough I'll take a Halo over a Killzone anyday. 

Don't like fps, but will probably buy KZ because of smaller library on launch... but I understand that there is a bigger fanbase for Halo =]

I expect that when both plats comes dry to our homes we can all have a good enjoyment and fun, and of course a light console wars now and then.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
NobleTeam360 said:
DonFerrari said:
Whitefire said:
Hynad said:

Don't like fps, but will probably buy KZ because of smaller library on launch... but I understand that there is a bigger fanbase for Halo =]

I expect that when both plats comes dry to our homes we can all have a good enjoyment and fun, and of course a light console wars now and then.

You bet!!!! 

DonFerrari said:
Whitefire said:
Hynad said:

Can we buy both?