By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone CPU bandwidth 50% higher than PS4

PS4 | GPU: 1.84 Tflops and CPU: 100 Glops, Total 1.94 Tflops

Xbox One | GPU: 1.31 Tflops and CPU: 109 Gflops, Total 1.41 Tflops

PS4 based on raw performance is 38% more powerful than the Xbox One.

GPU's directly compared.

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs)
PS4: 1152 Shaders
PS4: 72 Texture units
PS4: 32 ROPS
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues
8gb GDDR5 @ 176gb/s

Verses

Xbone: 1.31 TF GPU (12 CUs)
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues
8gb DDR3 @ 69gb/s+ 32MB ESRAM @109gb/s

Really people. Start accepting the facts.

Around the Network

Whats more important is the bandwidth from main memory to GPU's for good graphics than it is cpu to main memory.

Much much much better than most of the xbone tech threads out there, but you're still making some mistakes.

Basically if we factor in everything, the XBONE does have better CPU performance than the PS4. It's clocked faster, has some work offloaded to the audio chip, exct. However you are wrong in your assertion that using the GPU to "bump up" the PS4 CPU calculations "bumps down" the graphics. It's practically impossible to have the GPU working at 100% capacity when doing just graphics. During the rendering there are lots of holes. With clever and not too complicated coding, these holes can be packed with CPU type calculations.

Well that didn't last long. I give it 15 pages.

iamdeath said:

LOL no this is old and totally false. Desperation at it's finest.

Funny how specs dont matter yet everyday an xbox fan posts blatant spin about performance.

I'm an xbox fan and you don't see me do it

Around the Network

Bananable post warning gif incoming!

Where is this official statement from Sony about the PS4's CPU clock speed?

I keep looking for it... But it keeps evading my grasp.

CGI-Quality said:
KillerMan said:
PS4 | GPU: 1.84 Tflops and CPU: 100 Glops, Total 1.94 Tflops

Xbox One | GPU: 1.31 Tflops and CPU: 109 Gflops, Total 1.41 Tflops

PS4 based on raw performance is 38% more powerful than the Xbox One.

GPU's directly compared.

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs)
PS4: 1152 Shaders
PS4: 72 Texture units
PS4: 32 ROPS
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues
8gb GDDR5 @ 176gb/s

Verses

Xbone: 1.31 TF GPU (12 CUs)
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues
8gb DDR3 @ 69gb/s+ 32MB ESRAM @109gb/s

Really people. Start accepting the facts.

I agree, this is even worse than it was between the 360 and PS3, and they were much closer in overall power. Never mind that Sony never gave any official 411 on the CPU clock. 

This time around, it looks like the Playstation offering has better graphic chip and also faster memory, with what I was seeing is the CPU was comparible also.  The PS4 is supposed to have more computing power.  And add the price point being cheaper.  I guess the recent bump in it is supposed to make it faster than the PS4, because they were comparible.

It is arguably the reverse of what you had with 360 and PS3, right down to price comparison.

iamdeath said:

LOL no this is old and totally false. Desperation at it's finest.

Funny how specs dont matter yet everyday an xbox fan posts blatant spin about performance.

You never posts any proof or explanation. So why even post? I will just remind people that all your posts are flame bait and your in every xbox one thread. Doesn't matter what it's about, your always going to down play.

Just don't come in anymore.

If you say so.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"