Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone CPU bandwidth 50% higher than PS4

haha reminds me of the Cell, except underpowered.



Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Aaaaand feathers get ruffled.

Yes, it does look like the Xbox One's CPU and co-processors are significantly more powerful. DirectX 11.2 is a powerful refined piece of software. For some reason you can't say this, but you can say the reverse about the GPU and nobody bats an eye.

But, hey, looks like some people got themselves banned with their ranting. Hope they take a walk, get some ice cream or a cup of tea and cool off.

Tech talk shouldn't make people so upset.

PS Kinect is Awesome!

The reason you can't say this is because it has been proven time and time again that what you wrote is completely false. How do you know if the One's co-proccessors are more powerful at all, let alone significantly more powerful? There is no proof to your claim. The One's CPU has been upclocked, yet we don't know what the PS4 CPU is closked at, so again, where is your proof? OpenGl is a powerful refined piece of software, so what?

The reason people say the PS4 GPU is more powerful is because it is true and there is a crap load of evidence that backs it up.

For some reason when you expose the truth xbox one loyalists cry foul, claim misinfo and FUD, and make up imaginary numbers and spew lies about how the One is more powerful. It's pretty pathetic and makes them look a little on the insane side. Maybe obsessive instead of insane. No matter, it looks friggin pitiful.



KillerMan said:
PS4 | GPU: 1.84 Tflops and CPU: 100 Glops, Total 1.94 Tflops

Xbox One | GPU: 1.31 Tflops and CPU: 109 Gflops, Total 1.41 Tflops

PS4 based on raw performance is 38% more powerful than the Xbox One.


GPU's directly compared.

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs)
PS4: 1152 Shaders
PS4: 72 Texture units
PS4: 32 ROPS
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues
8gb GDDR5 @ 176gb/s

Verses

Xbone: 1.31 TF GPU (12 CUs)
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues
8gb DDR3 @ 69gb/s+ 32MB ESRAM @109gb/s

Really people. Start accepting the facts.


KillerMan, we shouldn´t just add up the GPU and CPU performance to get the overrall performance of the systems.

Supose a task is devided 50/50 betwen GPU/CPU, as X1 CPU is 11% "faster" and the PS4 GPU is  50% "more powerfull" we would have a overrall diference of less than 15% for the PS4.

For some tasks, indeed, the CPU usage is much larger, some don´t use GPU at all, however for graphically demanding taks  the GPU usage could be any where from 70% to 95% (cutsceanes?).

And then we have the OS, APIs, Drives and so on.

That´s what Pennello have been talking about. It´s not a easy comparison. 



iamdeath said:

LOL no this is old and totally false. Desperation at it's finest.

 

Funny how specs dont matter yet everyday an xbox fan posts blatant spin about performance.


Funny how much specs count if one's #Teamwin has the better specs.



Zappykins said:
Aaaaand feathers get ruffled.

Yes, it does look like the Xbox One's CPU and co-processors are significantly more powerful. DirectX 11.2 is a powerful refined piece of software. For some reason you can't say this, but you can say the reverse about the GPU and nobody bats an eye.

But, hey, looks like some people got themselves banned with their ranting. Hope they take a walk, get some ice cream or a cup of tea and cool off.

Tech talk shouldn't make people so upset.

PS Kinect is Awesome!

You egg people on to argue over these sorts of things from what I can see, if we take this very post for example, your opening line is obviously a crack at playstation fans, your next line in defence of the topic despite no real evidence from anyone to support any of the claims made on either end of the loyalty spectrum.

And then you finish up by adding something completely abitrary and irrelivant to the argument hoping to get a rise out of someone.

This is a day one xbox one owner telling you this, for the record, it doesn't matter to me which console is more powerful as i will be getting both on launch day, but it clearly matters to you, you might want to think about that before dispensing your cool off advice.



Around the Network

I'm quite surprised that nobody has made a thread yet about the one thing where the Xbox one has a clear advantage over the PS4.



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
I'm quite surprised that nobody has made a thread yet about the one thing where the Xbox one has a clear advantage over the PS4.

It's more expensive?



darkknightkryta said:
Porcupine_I said:
I'm quite surprised that nobody has made a thread yet about the one thing where the Xbox one has a clear advantage over the PS4.

It's more expensive?


The size of the console!

The Xbox One is AT LEAST 30% bigger then the PS4!



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
darkknightkryta said:
Porcupine_I said:
I'm quite surprised that nobody has made a thread yet about the one thing where the Xbox one has a clear advantage over the PS4.

It's more expensive?


The size of the console!

The Xbox One is AT LEAST 30% bigger then the PS4!

Yeah i bet its also weighs more!



iamdeath said:

LOL no this is old and totally false. Desperation at it's finest.

 

Funny how specs dont matter yet everyday an xbox fan posts blatant spin about performance.


iamdeath I want to personally thank you for also seeing the ignorance in these posts just as much as I do.  The fact is this post and every other one like it are just desperate attempts to find one number on the X1 bigger than the PS4's.  

We all know which numbers matter, and they are bigger on the PS4. #Dealwithit



Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]