By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone CPU bandwidth 50% higher than PS4

Zappykins said:

Kinect is Awesome!

You keep saying this word, but I don't think it means what you think it means...

What features of the kinect are you looking forward too? The TV usage with kinect seems interesting, but personally most of the time I don't want to use voice commands or hand gestures. I'm mostly interested in games with the device that use it well. I think kid games will be great with the device as well, but I don't really see it being that relevant for more "hardcore gamers"

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
papamudd said:
Zappykins said:

Kinect is Awesome!

You keep saying this word, but I don't think it means what you think it means...

What features of the kinect are you looking forward too? The TV usage with kinect seems interesting, but personally most of the time I don't want to use voice commands or hand gestures. I'm mostly interested in games with the device that use it well. I think kid games will be great with the device as well, but I don't really see it being that relevant for more "hardcore gamers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml_5mj4HvB0

That is what you have for hardcore.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

papamudd said:
Zappykins said:

Kinect is Awesome!

Awesome: impressive and frightening: so impressive or overwhelming as to inspire a strong feeling of admiration or fear.  (I'm in the admiration side, but I see many people on the fear side too!)

The TV usage sounds like it could be great - very convenient.  As well as adding volume and mute controls via voice. 

Also improved voice recognition and integration.  Hopefully, we will be able to stay all voice for everything (outside of stuff that uses a controller obviously.) So I would hope you can use your voice to search within YouTube, Xbox and Amazon Video, Netflix stuff like that.  It's not that you have to use them, but that you have the option. 

So, like if I'm washing dishes, jammin' and listening to my tunes on Vevo, then a One Direction Video comes on, I can say, 'Xbox, Skip Video' instead of smashing plates so I don't hear them.

Plus tracking for smaller and larger rooms, and more people. If it can lock on to two separate gamers and allow them to give different voice commands within a game and recognize who it comes from, that could be something cool too.

Yes, kid games, and people that want to act like kids.  Just showed a new buddy some Kinect Party over the weekend, we were laughin' and laughing.

Have you tried the voice features in Skyrim?  It makes the game better.  I don't think it should be added 'just because' but give developers more toys, and they will figure out a way to use them. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
papamudd said:
Zappykins said:

Kinect is Awesome!

Awesome: impressive and frightening: so impressive or overwhelming as to inspire a strong feeling of admiration or fear.  (I'm in the admiration side, but I see many people on the fear side too!)

The TV usage sounds like it could be great - very convenient.  As well as adding volume and mute controls via voice. 

Also improved voice recognition and integration.  Hopefully, we will be able to stay all voice for everything (outside of stuff that uses a controller obviously.) So I would hope you can use your voice to search within YouTube, Xbox and Amazon Video, Netflix stuff like that.  It's not that you have to use them, but that you have the option. 

So, like if I'm washing dishes, jammin' and listening to my tunes on Vevo, then a One Direction Video comes on, I can say, 'Xbox, Skip Video' instead of smashing plates so I don't hear them.

Plus tracking for smaller and larger rooms, and more people. If it can lock on to two separate gamers and allow them to give different voice commands within a game and recognize who it comes from, that could be something cool too.

Yes, kid games, and people that want to act like kids.  Just showed a new buddy some Kinect Party over the weekend, we were laughin' and laughing.

Have you tried the voice features in Skyrim?  It makes the game better.  I don't think it should be added 'just because' but give developers more toys, and they will figure out a way to use them. 

Yes everything you said... but haven't see anything that would really benefit games above what kinect or move have done.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zappykins said:

I can see the benefits of them during the day time like you are saying... searching anything on the new ps store is obnoxious, voice search would be much better on anything pretty much. 

Thanks for the examples. It is more or less what I was thinking about the Kinect in terms of usage. Awesome perhaps not to me, but definitely see the advantages and potential usefullness of it. Also I do have kids so the kid games are a major selling point for me on the kinect with xone. I had singstar dance (PS MOVE) and loved to have my friends come over and make them sing or dance to the Rick Roll song (o: DDR is a lot of fun at parties as well I think!

My original comment was a joke / movie reference. It bothers me none if someone thinks kinect is awesome or horrible as it will not really sway my opinion on it more than actually using the device and hearing some features / facts about the device.

Thanks again for the info!

Talal said:

Around the Network
papamudd said:
Zappykins said:

I can see the benefits of them during the day time like you are saying... searching anything on the new ps store is obnoxious, voice search would be much better on anything pretty much. 

Thanks for the examples. It is more or less what I was thinking about the Kinect in terms of usage. Awesome perhaps not to me, but definitely see the advantages and potential usefullness of it. Also I do have kids so the kid games are a major selling point for me on the kinect with xone. I had singstar dance (PS MOVE) and loved to have my friends come over and make them sing or dance to the Rick Roll song (o: DDR is a lot of fun at parties as well I think!

My original comment was a joke / movie reference. It bothers me none if someone thinks kinect is awesome or horrible as it will not really sway my opinion on it more than actually using the device and hearing some features / facts about the device.

Thanks again for the info!

Sure, anytime!

Had to do a search on my friends Roku yesterday, grrr buttons on a remote search, grrr, you get spoiled quickly with voice commands.  It's a bit like a cell phone, you don't realize how much you will use one, until you have it.

I think Dance Center is a better version of DDR, Just Dance should be similar.  Lots of fun, and some exercise.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Sure, anytime!

Had to do a search on my friends Roku yesterday, grrr buttons on a remote search, grrr, you get spoiled quickly with voice commands.  It's a bit like a cell phone, you don't realize how much you will use one, until you have it.

I think Dance Center is a better version of DDR, Just Dance should be similar.  Lots of fun, and some exercise.

Aww you meant dance central: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY

On that video the 3D tracking doesn't look very good at all... perhaps early version I dunno, but it looks just about as much fun as sing star dance which also has karoke... Even still I like the dance pad better because you don't have to follow specific moves and people will look goofier if they get into it. (o:

Talal said:

papamudd said:
Zappykins said:
Sure, anytime!

Aww you meant dance central: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY

On that video the 3D tracking doesn't look very good at all... perhaps early version I dunno, but it looks just about as much fun as sing star dance which also has karoke... Even still I like the dance pad better because you don't have to follow specific moves and people will look goofier if they get into it. (o:

That's like a beta from 3 years ago.  The 3D tracking is very good.  On Dance Central 3 it is almost scary good - like it really makes you work for it, and that's still the old original Kinect.

Yes, I give you that it does guide you movements more than DDR.  All songs have a freestyle middle, but yes, it is different than a dance pad. 

But I like it better as it's not as hard on my feet and knees.

If you guys drink enough you should try Kinect Grease Dance! (Both singing and dancing! Muha ha ha)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VucxtGU3tQ8

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:

If you guys drink enough you should try Kinect Grease Dance! (Both singing and dancing! Muha ha ha)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VucxtGU3tQ8

I might have to get one now just for that!!!!

Talal said:

papamudd said:
Zappykins said:

I might have to get one now just for that!!!!

There is a free demo.  Let me know if it's a yea or nah on the game!

I do recomend Kinect Party though:

Tell me a funny joke!