By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone CPU bandwidth 50% higher than PS4

Nay. The tablet control should have been optional and they should have improved the Wiimote.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
papamudd said:
Zappykins said:
Awesome: impressive and frightening: so impressive or overwhelming as to inspire a strong feeling of admiration or fear.  (I'm in the admiration side, but I see many people on the fear side too!)

So, like if I'm washing dishes, jammin' and listening to my tunes on Vevo, then a One Direction Video comes on, I can say, 'Xbox, Skip Video' instead of smashing plates so I don't hear them.

I can see the benefits of them during the day time like you are saying... searching anything on the new ps store is obnoxious, voice search would be much better on anything pretty much. 

Thanks for the examples. It is more or less what I was thinking about the Kinect in terms of usage. Awesome perhaps not to me, but definitely see the advantages and potential usefullness of it. Also I do have kids so the kid games are a major selling point for me on the kinect with xone. I had singstar dance (PS MOVE) and loved to have my friends come over and make them sing or dance to the Rick Roll song (o: DDR is a lot of fun at parties as well I think!

My original comment was a joke / movie reference. It bothers me none if someone thinks kinect is awesome or horrible as it will not really sway my opinion on it more than actually using the device and hearing some features / facts about the device.

Thanks again for the info!

The Princess Bride?  

Zappykins said:
Frequency said:
Zappykins said:
Aaaaand feathers get ruffled.

Yes, it does look like the Xbox One's CPU and co-processors are significantly more powerful. DirectX 11.2 is a powerful refined piece of software. For some reason you can't say this, but you can say the reverse about the GPU and nobody bats an eye.

But, hey, looks like some people got themselves banned with their ranting. Hope they take a walk, get some ice cream or a cup of tea and cool off.

Tech talk shouldn't make people so upset.

PS Kinect is Awesome!

You egg people on to argue over these sorts of things from what I can see, if we take this very post for example, your opening line is obviously a crack at playstation fans, your next line in defence of the topic despite no real evidence from anyone to support any of the claims made on either end of the loyalty spectrum.

And then you finish up by adding something completely abitrary and irrelivant to the argument hoping to get a rise out of someone.

This is a day one xbox one owner telling you this, for the record, it doesn't matter to me which console is more powerful as i will be getting both on launch day, but it clearly matters to you, you might want to think about that before dispensing your cool off advice.

You mad bro?

Responses like this are the reason people don't take you seriously.

X1: dat CPU, dat... Kinect?
PS4: dat GPU, dat GDDR5, dat size, dat sexiness, dat indie games, dat PR... anything I forgot? ;)

*stealth return*

Zappykins said:
ShinmenTakezo said:
Zappykins said:
Aaaaand feathers get ruffled.

Yes, it does look like the Xbox One's CPU and co-processors are significantly more powerful. DirectX 11.2 is a powerful refined piece of software. For some reason you can't say this, but you can say the reverse about the GPU and nobody bats an eye.

But, hey, looks like some people got themselves banned with their ranting. Hope they take a walk, get some ice cream or a cup of tea and cool off.

Tech talk shouldn't make people so upset.

PS Kinect is Awesome!

The reason you can't say this is because it has been proven time and time again that what you wrote is completely false. How do you know if the One's co-proccessors are more powerful at all, let alone significantly more powerful? There is no proof to your claim. The One's CPU has been upclocked, yet we don't know what the PS4 CPU is closked at, so again, where is your proof? OpenGl is a powerful refined piece of software, so what?

The reason people say the PS4 GPU is more powerful is because it is true and there is a crap load of evidence that backs it up.

For some reason when you expose the truth xbox one loyalists cry foul, claim misinfo and FUD, and make up imaginary numbers and spew lies about how the One is more powerful. It's pretty pathetic and makes them look a little on the insane side. Maybe obsessive instead of insane. No matter, it looks friggin pitiful.

Easy, look at the Hot Chips conference and look at what Sony is saying.  It's pretty clear Microsoft added more than a dozen neat extra processors, and there are several more that we do not know what they do.  This is a risky move, but the smart making DirectX seem to have been to integrated it into the software so the developers can use it easily. Please show me exactly where my claims have been proven false with evidence.

I don't know why people that don't want to learn about the strengths of the new Xbox One continue to clink on their thread and make claims that have no interest and make them seemingly upset.   Then they go on to rant about loyalist and all sorts of rambling. It's rather strange.

They even go so far as call them 'a little on the insane side.' Forgetting that, when one point figures, but they forget that when you point a finger at someone, three are pointing back at you.

I've been following both consoles since the rumors started a couple of years ago. You have no clue what you are talking about, sorry. I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but I think it might be somewhere around Uranus. It's not my job to provide evidence to prove you wrong, it's your job to provide evidence to support your statements.

Developers, not MS, have been saying the PS4 is easier to code to. Sony already said you can code very close to the metal. MS, about a month ago announced that they updated the One's drivers so you could code closer to the metal. What happened to the great DirextX11.2? Why did MS need an update to allow coding closer to the metal? Why are devs sating PS4 is easier to code for?

The reason I call them a little insane is because they keep doing the same thing expecting a different result. That is the definition of insanity. One loyalists keep claiming there is secret sauce and the One is more powerful than PS4 with no evidence. Every time they make these claims, they are shot down and proven wrong. Yet every day there is a new article or thread about some secret sauce using imaginary figures. That is insane.

Point all you want, when you are right it doesn't really get to you.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

Around the Network
ShinmenTakezo said:
Zappykins said:

Easy, look at the Hot Chips conference and look at what Sony is saying.  It's pretty clear Microsoft added more than a dozen neat extra processors, and there are several more that we do not know what they do.  This is a risky move, but the smart making DirectX seem to have been to integrated it into the software so the developers can use it easily. Please show me exactly where my claims have been proven false with evidence.

I don't know why people that don't want to learn about the strengths of the new Xbox One continue to clink on their thread and make claims that have no interest and make them seemingly upset.   Then they go on to rant about loyalist and all sorts of rambling. It's rather strange.

They even go so far as call them 'a little on the insane side.' Forgetting that, when one point figures, but they forget that when you point a finger at someone, three are pointing back at you.

I've been following both consoles since the rumors started a couple of years ago. You have no clue what you are talking about, sorry. I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but I think it might be somewhere around Uranus. It's not my job to provide evidence to prove you wrong, it's your job to provide evidence to support your statements.

Developers, not MS, have been saying the PS4 is easier to code to. Sony already said you can code very close to the metal. MS, about a month ago announced that they updated the One's drivers so you could code closer to the metal. What happened to the great DirextX11.2? Why did MS need an update to allow coding closer to the metal? Why are devs sating PS4 is easier to code for?

The reason I call them a little insane is because they keep doing the same thing expecting a different result. That is the definition of insanity. One loyalists keep claiming there is secret sauce and the One is more powerful than PS4 with no evidence. Every time they make these claims, they are shot down and proven wrong. Yet every day there is a new article or thread about some secret sauce using imaginary figures. That is insane.

I'm happy to share things, ideas and articles with you, but please do not make a personal attack.  It gets in the way of a nice conversion.

Anyway, for toots and giggles, going to share with you of a few things.  Here ya go, have fun:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-the-xbox-one-architects

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-to-face-with-mark-cerny

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

TheSting said:
papamudd said:
Zappykins said:
Awesome: impressive and frightening: so impressive or overwhelming as to inspire a strong feeling of admiration or fear.  (I'm in the admiration side, but I see many people on the fear side too!)

So, like if I'm washing dishes, jammin' and listening to my tunes on Vevo, then a One Direction Video comes on, I can say, 'Xbox, Skip Video' instead of smashing plates so I don't hear them.

...My original comment was a joke / movie reference. It bothers me none if someone thinks kinect is awesome or horrible as it will not really sway my opinion on it more than actually using the device and hearing some features / facts about the device.

Thanks again for the info!

The Princess Bride?  

Ding, ding, ding!  You win a prize!

I hope it is not ROUSs!!!

(Party Rat in a Hat!)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

LemonSlice said:
X1: dat CPU, dat... Kinect?
PS4: dat GPU, dat GDDR5, dat size, dat sexiness, dat indie games, dat PR... anything I forgot? ;)

*stealth return*

dat japan chicks... this is the best part of PS4, I love japanese girls, that may be why I married one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zappykins said:
ShinmenTakezo said:
Zappykins said:

I'm happy to share things, ideas and articles with you, but please do not make a personal attack.  It gets in the way of a nice conversion.

Anyway, for toots and giggles, going to share with you of a few things.  Here ya go, have fun:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-the-xbox-one-architects

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-to-face-with-mark-cerny

Personal attacks? Lmmfao. When you make up numbers and "facts" I will call it like I see it. If you don't like it then don't make up shit.

Those aricles you posted did nothing to help you at all. I have read both of them. The first one is full of lies, misinfo and FUD. Richard Leadbetter has been proven to be a hack. He is biased as all hell and his articles shouldn't be taken seriously. He does absolutely no fact checking, he just passes along MS's lies.

Thanks for the giggles. Try again.

I think the problem is most people don't understand how much processing power it takes to do certain things in the computing space so they get really confused as to how much power it requires to make things happen which results in misconceptions like what the OP has provided. With the architectures being so close, the X1 won't make up for the total raw power difference to the PS4, secret sauce or not, and that's the reality of the situation. Let's all just move on.