By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Tagged games:

Would you get a HD remake of Skyward Sword and/or Twilight Princess?

Twilight Princess HD 55 43.65%

Skyward Sword HD 16 12.70%

Both 55 43.65%

Total:126
Mensrea said:
I hate them both ,and I'm desperate to play Majora's Mask.

You can always play it on the N64...or the Virtual Console version...or an emulator

Around the Network

I think it's too soon for these games to be remade. They should remake Twilight Princess for the next console, or at the very end of the WiiU's life. I agree it should be based on the GC version of the game. It would look amazing, it would look like the E3 demo. They could give it to Grezzo, they did an excellent job on OoT 3D. That said, what is Grezoo doing right now anyways?

ListerOfSmeg said:
ktay95 said:
okr said:
Both, please - and just for the record, I still think it was a mistake not to develop Skyward Sword as a Wii U launch game.

No it was a mistake to drop the Wii support so quickly. Outside of SS it had nothing for like what, 2 years basically.

Last Story, Pandoras tower, Xenoblade. I'd hardly call those nothing.

In sales potential, those were 'nothing'. Even Xenoblade only did like 800k. Mario Party 9 in 2012 did almost three times more for the Wii than those three games combined, and even that wasn't enough.

No Nintendo, just....no. They need NEW games with NEW, innovative gameplay mechanics. No more remakes.

Why these two games? The WII U is backward compatible, So the games can already be played on the Wii U.

And new is always better.

And if they really need to make HD-Makeovers than they should choose other games. (Majoras Mask, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime)

Nintendo should set aside a small team to bring

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Xenoblade
Zelda: Skyward Sword + Zelda: Twilight Princess

To the Wii U in HD with maybe some new lighting effects or something for each game. Just finish them, and then release one when ever you have a drought/dry spell in your release schedule for the next 2-3 years.

I'd like to see the original SNES Donkey Kong Country games re-done in HD graphics also.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Nintendo should set aside a small team to bring

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Xenoblade
Zelda: Skyward Sword + Zelda: Twilight Princess

To the Wii U in HD with maybe some new lighting effects or something for each game. Just finish them, and then release one when ever you have a drought/dry spell in your release schedule for the next 2-3 years.

I'd like to see the original SNES Donkey Kong Country games re-done in HD graphics also.

I would live to see Xenoblade in HD...

I would be happy enough with te DKC games being out on the Wii U Virtual Console, but seeing them in HD would be awesome...

Donkey Kong 64 requires some love too...

Have a nice day...

Are yuo serious? I mean, I have both games and they're still excellent but the opportunity to play either with better graphics? I' pre-order RIGHT NOW if somebody were doing it. Dont' change a thing but the graphics!

Twilight Princess? Yes

Skyward Sword? Hell no

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I hope they find some volunteers and make it happen. It would be a great excuse for playing those games once more. I would be more happy about a Majora's Mask remake though. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword still looks good but the same can't be said about MM.

Guys complaining about Nintendo using their resources to make a new game--it wouldn't be handled by Nintendo. Just hire some random guys to upgrade the graphics and rake in my $120!