By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Tagged games:

Would you get a HD remake of Skyward Sword and/or Twilight Princess?

Twilight Princess HD 55 43.65%

Skyward Sword HD 16 12.70%

Both 55 43.65%

Total:126
S.Peelman said:

I think it's too soon for these games to be remade. They should remake Twilight Princess for the next console, or at the very end of the WiiU's life. I agree it should be based on the GC version of the game. It would look amazing, it would look like the E3 demo. They could give it to Grezzo, they did an excellent job on OoT 3D. That said, what is Grezoo doing right now anyways?

ListerOfSmeg said:
ktay95 said:
okr said:
Both, please - and just for the record, I still think it was a mistake not to develop Skyward Sword as a Wii U launch game.

No it was a mistake to drop the Wii support so quickly. Outside of SS it had nothing for like what, 2 years basically.

Last Story, Pandoras tower, Xenoblade. I'd hardly call those nothing.

In sales potential, those were 'nothing'. Even Xenoblade only did like 800k. Mario Party 9 in 2012 did almost three times more for the Wii than those three games combined, and even that wasn't enough.

What do sales have to do with it?  He said there was a drought of games.  

Doesn't matter if no one else bought those games.  I enjoyed SS, Last Story and Xenoblade.  Just cause they didn't sell well doesn't mean they don't exist.  If you owned a Wii, kyou had the chance to play and dget those games.  (Never got pandoras tower.)

Around the Network

You mean like how they teamed up with Grezzo for Ocarina of Time 3D? That'll do.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
You mean like how they teamed up with Grezzo for Ocarina of Time 3D? That'll do.

Yea I don't see the zelda team do anymore HD remakes.

Any future remakes I see being thrown at another team like Grezzo, or hell even making a "new" team that just remakes games in HD or for 3DS.

It wouldn't take away any people from NEW Zelda's, wouldn't prevent NEW IP's and would just be basically Free money for nintendo cause they would always make money on these.

Skyward Sword

I'm really sad they will not use motion controls in the WiiU Zelda so I will rebuy SS to play it again in HD

:(

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

What no love for Majora's Mask?

Around the Network
techhunter80 said:

Aonuma laughs at it. That is all.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
techhunter80 said:

Probably laughed cause he has been asked about remakes all the time and majora's mask is probably very high on that list.

If everytime you get interviewed one of the questions is "are you gonna do a Majora's mask remake"  you would probably start laughing whenever they asked that oo.

irstupid said:
F0X said:
techhunter80 said:

Probably laughed cause he has been asked about remakes all the time and majora's mask is probably very high on that list.

If everytime you get interviewed one of the questions is "are you gonna do a Majora's mask remake"  you would probably start laughing whenever they asked that oo.

Precisely. He already said that it's not going to happen until after an original 3DS Zelda game is released (such as ALBW), so the continued question have got to sound ridiculous.

I never played either so it would give me more reason to play and buy a Wii U.

Majora's Mask.

And they should hire the guy who did this: