By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse - Combat Vi Doc. Oh hell yes. This is what we wanted. Oh yeah. Latest build of game.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Okay just saw the video and I think the gameplay looks similar to the fable games, anyone else agree?

No, and I've played a lot of Fable.

Its clearly inspired by Assassin's Creed.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

It definitely looks better than the MP. The cinematic style and graphics are both nice. I stand by my prediction tho. This video wasn't enough to change my thoughts that this game will end up mediocre or worse (low 80 Metacritic best case scenario).

Mr Puggsly said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Okay just saw the video and I think the gameplay looks similar to the fable games, anyone else agree?

No, and I've played a lot of Fable.

Its clearly inspired by Assassin's Creed.

That was my exact thought when I watched the video.

As for the video, I had no worries about this. I had a strong feeling these issues would be ironed out before launch. The game is looking quite nice and I can't wait to try it out later. For this kind of game I couldn't care less about MP - I didn't even try MP in the AC games (combined) for more than an hour cumulatively - so as long as the campaign is polished I will be pleased and happy to part with 60 from my wallet.

The game looks broken as hell.

The gameplay is...Well...How can i put that :s ... Its like assassin's creed with the same bugs, with only one weapon, without the open world and with much more useless qte, bad animations, bad physic....

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Oh my, that looks incredibly fun to play, a definite day-one purchase for me.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

The game looks broken as hell.

The gameplay is...Well...How can i put that :s ... Its like assassin's creed with the same bugs, with only one weapon, without the open world and with much more useless qte, bad animations, bad physic....

It looks very repetitive, and they didn't show gameplay, they just maked video from in game executions. So technicaly it look like linear hack'n slash game with one weapon(at the moment) and gameplay that become very boring, very soon. That's what can be seen in all those videos.

And why there is no blood on him when he keeps killing people? His armor clean as new all the time))

It cant look other than repetitive with this gameplay, at least, ac had the open world and weapon, approach diversity to help you to forget the boring gameplay in combat.

What disturbs me the most is the lack of wound on ennemies when you hit them, especially when you kill him with your sword through the mouth , his face is still clean when he falls... i expect more than that from next gen

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Looks great.

Wow, I am so glad I do not have to go out and do that stuff for real. I'm really glad there isn't a war outside my house that looks like that - so gruesome and bloody.

That being said, this game looks awesome. I'm glad it's all make believe. I hope the story is good, Ryse is a game I am really looking forward to playing.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

badgenome said:
Wow. This looks lot better than what I'd previously seen. I'm impressed, if not entirely convinced.

Hahaha, you crack me up every time

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’