By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse - Combat Vi Doc. Oh hell yes. This is what we wanted. Oh yeah. Latest build of game.

Porcupine_I said:

Hahaha, you crack me up every time

I'm being sincere, you jerk! I'd say this is now shaping up to be a solid 3/10 as opposed to TVTVTV/10.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Porcupine_I said:

Hahaha, you crack me up every time

I'm being sincere, you jerk! I'd say this is now shaping up to be a solid 3/10 as opposed to TVTVTV/10.

i'm sorry, i didn't realize..

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

this game looks badass I hope multiplayer is also good like the single player

Animations and camera for single player is awesome

pitzy272 said:
It definitely looks better than the MP. The cinematic style and graphics are both nice. I stand by my prediction tho. This video wasn't enough to change my thoughts that this game will end up mediocre or worse (low 80 Metacritic best case scenario).

This (although I wouldn't say 80 meta is mediocre xD).

I don't see it getting rave reviews but to be frank: I don't see many launch titles getting that, Forza feels like the only one I remain rather confident in.

Are there more weapons in this game or is it always Shield + Sword? I can totally see that becoming repetetive otherwise. Its already hard as it is to watch a few minute video of the game due to that to be honest.

The gameplay just isn't there. It looks good on the surface, but remember, this is a vid doc we're watching.

If you break it down you realize that the gameplay is so simple, that they're trying to sell us this idea that there's value in replaying a scene only because you want to execute every enemy in a smooth flow. That fact alone screams weak and simplistic gameplay to me, that screams Star Wars Kinect mindset of marketing to me.

~70% Metacritic and sales flop. Remember where you read it first.

Around the Network

Yeah, I think the game does look amazing. Not only is it graphically stunning, but it also looks fun to play. I don't expect gameplay elements to be anywhere near revolutionary, but it looks like it's just a lot of simple, mindless fun. Which is the best kind. Even though the game and it's portrayal of the Roman era still makes completely no sense from a historical perspective, this game remains the most impressive thing I've seen that's been announced at last E3.

I hope that sound doesnt play every single time you initiate a slow mo kill...because that will be seriously annoying.

Otherwise the game is looking good My kinda game!!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

JayWood2010 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Oddly enough, this and Knack are the only Next Gen games Im even excited for so far.

How dare you be excited in games people tell you not to be excited in :P

Oh I dare.  I so dare. 

the combat of this game is a rip-off of a PSPgame. its a copy of "gladiator begins" dont believe me? look for gameplay vids on youtube. very original crytek

Looks like the press A button has been replaced with enemy you are attacking flashing in spots. That does look much better. But, it would be good for people to try the final game and honestly evaluate it, instead of hyping too early. I remember stuff like Lair also got hyped up to back in the PS3 early days.