By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers shrug at Nintendo 2DS console

Tagged games:

Are you getting a 2DS?

Yes 43 31.16%

No 95 68.84%

Total:138
Metallicube said:

Whatever the mainstream gaming media (and by association, the hardcore) predict and how they preceive something, tends to be the exact opposite of how the console actually performs.. so I'd say this bodes well for the 2DS..

haters + ignorant people cant tell this will be the best selling SKU in the US!

Around the Network

It just looks really uncomfortable to hold and ugly in general.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Looks like a good option for kids and with Pokemon it will destroy everything XD
I don't understand the complaints, if you don't like it, don't buy it
However I'll wait until a Pokemon 3DS XL bundle

I don't understand how anyone could get mad at a cheap device made of nintendium, it's not like the 3ds was discontinued for it or something.

Stinky said:
I don't understand how anyone could get mad at a cheap device made of nintendium, it's not like the 3ds was discontinued for it or something.

exactly, stupid ass 3ds owners that think 2ds was suppose to be an upgrade! Nintendo stated 3ds xl was going to be the only upgrade model. Its smart for nintendo to give the consumer choice in their purchases!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
think-man said:
Other than it looking "tacky" I think its a good idea. I even pre ordered one myself

WHOA WHOA WHOA

A Sonyite buying a Nintendo system!? That is unheard of!

lol jk, add me when I get my own 3DS *_*!

Not many people have the balls to even ATTEMPT saying Nintendo's handhelds suck. Nintendo has always completely owned in that department. It's the console side of things where people are really critical.

It's nothing to shrug at. A Nintendo handheld at an appropriate price, at last. GBA SP was the same price, DS lite was available for roughly that price most of the time. And let's not look into earlier handhelds, they were all much cheaper. Nintendo NEEDED a more affordable model.

If it was out today I'd have bought it already. Too bad about the 3D effect, but that feels prototype-ey anyway, with its 3° sweet spot.

J_Allard said:
Gamers should shrug at it. Gamers should already own a 3DS.

I stopped reading here.  /Thread

OneTwoThree said:

It's nothing to shrug at. A Nintendo handheld at an appropriate price, at last. GBA SP was the same price, DS lite was available for roughly that price most of the time. And let's not look into earlier handhelds, they were all much cheaper. Nintendo NEEDED a more affordable model.

If it was out today I'd have bought it already. Too bad about the 3D effect, but that feels prototype-ey anyway, with its 3° sweet spot.

are you buying one day one? also do you own a 3ds already?

tbone51 said:
are you buying one day one? also do you own a 3ds already?

Yes, I'm buying one. And I didn't buy a 3DS already, cause the regular one feels bad ergonomically (had a friend's 3DS for a few months), and the XL is just too pricey. Also it p*ss*d me off that Nintendo doesn't include the charger in EU, which adds another 10€.