Tagged games:

Are you getting a 2DS?

Yes 43 31.16%

No 95 68.84%

Total:138
bananaking21 said:
tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:
gamers will shrug at anything really. remember riggie's meh comments? im sure those with a limited budget arent shrugging at all. neither are those parents who dont have tons of money to get their kids a nice gift

when reggie did that i was pissed. 3DS is doing well, but they are in no position to talk. The thing is, its one man and he made Nintendo as a whole look bad imo. That said Sony takes jabs all the time, more toward M$ but still. Wateves i guess. 2DS FTW, i actually feel bad for vita, i mean really bad. 3DS are already 27mil sales higher and pokemon coming up (MH4 for japan) was going to make the difference worse but with 2DS its just Done!

nintendo is in a position to talk. after that ouya ad everybody is in a position to talk

do you mean that add with the guy buying the call of duty game and puking? I've only seen it being reuploaded by others on youtube but was that something actually made by people at Ouya? or just some fans? please say that was never shown on TV ever? (I don't actually have access to any tv channels so I never see adverts)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
bananaking21 said:

nintendo is in a position to talk. after that ouya ad everybody is in a position to talk

do you mean that add with the guy buying the call of duty game and puking? I've only seen it being reuploaded by others on youtube but was that something actually made by people at Ouya? or just some fans? please say that was never shown on TV ever? (I don't actually have access to any tv channels so I never see adverts)

i have no idea. but even if it was fan made, of those people are the fans of ouya then they certainly got a shit fan base! i joke i joke, or do i?  

bananaking21 said:
tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:
gamers will shrug at anything really. remember riggie's meh comments? im sure those with a limited budget arent shrugging at all. neither are those parents who dont have tons of money to get their kids a nice gift

when reggie did that i was pissed. 3DS is doing well, but they are in no position to talk. The thing is, its one man and he made Nintendo as a whole look bad imo. That said Sony takes jabs all the time, more toward M$ but still. Wateves i guess. 2DS FTW, i actually feel bad for vita, i mean really bad. 3DS are already 27mil sales higher and pokemon coming up (MH4 for japan) was going to make the difference worse but with 2DS its just Done!

The video game market only needs Sony+Nintendo! M$ should stay as well to have 3. I wonder if M$ doesn't do well with X1 will they leave the market? PS4 is taking the market for US, microsoft best market by far. 2DS/WiiU/X1/PS4 going to be interesting to watch. Even vita if ps4 connectivity helps it

BasilZero said:
think-man said:
Other than it looking "tacky" I think its a good idea. I even pre ordered one myself

WHOA WHOA WHOA

A Sonyite buying a Nintendo system!? That is unheard of!

lol jk, add me when I get my own 3DS *_*!

I brought a DS aswell a few years ago lol

think-man said:
BasilZero said:
think-man said:
Other than it looking "tacky" I think its a good idea. I even pre ordered one myself

WHOA WHOA WHOA

its that pokemon XY effect! Tell him think man, you played wat? Gen 1-3 now back again right!?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
think-man said:
BasilZero said:
think-man said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA

its that pokemon XY effect! Tell him think man, you played wat? Gen 1-3 now back again right!?

I played White aswell, got half way through it. I do still enjoy them I've just lost track of all the pokemon there are now hahaha

.....why did CNN write an article about gamers disliking a system Nintendo has expressly said ISN'T MEANT FOR THEM.

And what's with all this "naming convention" nonsense? Did consumers have difficulties telling the PS2 and PS3 apart? Or the Xbox and Xbox 360? I mean, damn, if the reason why the Wii U isn't selling well is that it took the Wii brand name and just put a "U" at the end of it, then Xbox One and PS4 are in a hell of a lot of trouble given all those systems did was take there console's old names and change the number. My god, SO MANY GAMERS must have been confusing Playstion 2 with Playstion Portable! NO WONDER that system didn't do better.

Or maybe...just maybe....the Wii U isn't selling well due to combination of price, a complete lack of software, and vague advertising trying to sell a confusing second screen gimmick. You know, like how the 3DS. Remember when THAT wasn't selling well because of the name? Then low and behold, a price cut and several system sellers later, the damn thing is moving like gangbusters and everyone forgets about the doom and gloom.

So, could we please stop blaming names and start pointing out the typical shortcomings these systems had that normally result in slow sales? Like people with common sense? Please? I mean, yes, there are stories of some consumers mixing the systems up, but that happens. Consumers are stupid. We occasionally do stupid things when we are dealing in things we are uneducated with. I have certainly made my share of idiotic mistakes as a consumer. But if consumers didn't buy systems because they shared a brand name, then SEGA would have beaten the ever loving crap out of the PS2 with its Dreamcast and the Gameboy brand would have died with the Color.

As for the 2DS's name, Nintendo really only has to do two things: tell people it plays the latest Pokemon, and slap "plays all 3DS games" on the box and in all their advertising. It's not a particularly hard message to get out. In fact, I guarantee that the Pokemon X&Y commercials will use 2DS.
I can't believe this was a CNN article...

BasilZero said:
think-man said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA

You really can't blame us for the jokes XD

Nintendo is very smart. They are going to release a cheaper handheld just before the release of new pokemon game. It will sell like hot cake. General people will hate it. But it will be popular and generate more money for nintendo.

daredevil.shark said:
Nintendo is very smart. They are going to release a cheaper handheld just before the release of new pokemon game. It will sell like hot cake. General people will hate it. But it will be popular and generate more money for nintendo.

funny thing is Vita needs something like this! But anyway its crazy how much i see rants and people talking bad about 2DS claiming they will never buy 1 and nintendo is going to lose so much money on it! OMG i could cry with laughter lmao