By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers shrug at Nintendo 2DS console

Tagged games:

Are you getting a 2DS?

Yes 43 31.16%

No 95 68.84%

Total:138
attaboy said:
It's a DS and a 3DS all in one. It can play the games from two different versions of the DS. That's why they call it the 2DS.

I know that's bull but that's how I would explain it to dumb parents looking for 2DS games.

Why not just say its a 3DS without the '3D' effect?

OT: I'm likely buying 3.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
attaboy said:
It's a DS and a 3DS all in one. It can play the games from two different versions of the DS. That's why they call it the 2DS.

I know that's bull but that's how I would explain it to dumb parents looking for 2DS games.

OT: I'm likley buying 3.

$390 vs $600 on 3ds xl or Vita (no price deals), Seems like 2DS will work out andmake the wallet happy!

CNN is actually quoting random forum users on the internet for a news piece...? O_o

How... professional.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

CNN is actually quoting random forum users on the internet for a news piece...? O_o

How... professional.

someone on their staff hates nintendo or wants vita to sell better

Makes sense to me. Not many people use the 3d functionality and if it makes it cheaper more people will buy it. It is damn ugly though.

Around the Network

Excellent idea, horrible implementation. And there was no valid reason to remove one loudspeaker and make it mono unless you use earphones. Anyway, it will be a success.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

superchunk said:
attaboy said:

OT: I'm likely buying 3.

Then they won't know it plays DS games. Duh!

the_dengle said:

Can't wait for the follow-up article in a few months about how much money Nintendo is making off this thing.

Words cannot express how horrifying it is to see a major news outlet like CNN quoting Neogaf members as though they're the authority on the situation.

Yep, pretty much sums up the article for me too. The 2DS isn't aimed at us. You don't see me enquiring about... Tampons? I have no interest in them, they make me shrug too... GAF... I've heard enough about that place lately. They're not the authority on anything apart for starting/spreading rumours (true or not) and making gifs.