Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers shrug at Nintendo 2DS console

Tagged games:

Are you getting a 2DS?

Yes 43 31.16%

No 95 68.84%

Total:138
OneTwoThree said:
tbone51 said:
are you buying one day one? also do you own a 3ds already?

Yes, I'm buying one. And I didn't buy a 3DS already, cause the regular one feels bad ergonomically (had a friend's 3DS for a few months), and the XL is just too pricey. Also it p*ss*d me off that Nintendo doesn't include the charger in EU, which adds another 10€. 

cool, so then 2ds is perfect for you and with a purchase of pokemon!

Around the Network

If only it was able to have a proper linker, I'm sorry but Ninty games are soo damn expensive here.. Because it is a Sony land, only rich people are getting Nintendo Consoles/games except for Wii/DS because "Piracy".

BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:
More proof that most so-called forum goers have no idea what they're talking about, or about the market.

This isn't designed for us, it's designed for young children. I doubt the 2DS will have a branding issue, because it'll be clear enough I reckon.

Dont you mean main stream media?

Which is using forums as a source.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:
gamers will shrug at anything really. remember riggie's meh comments? im sure those with a limited budget arent shrugging at all. neither are those parents who dont have tons of money to get their kids a nice gift

when reggie did that i was pissed. 3DS is doing well, but they are in no position to talk. The thing is, its one man and he made Nintendo as a whole look bad imo. That said Sony takes jabs all the time, more toward M$ but still. Wateves i guess. 2DS FTW, i actually feel bad for vita, i mean really bad. 3DS are already 27mil sales higher and pokemon coming up (MH4 for japan) was going to make the difference worse but with 2DS its just Done!

LOL That's competition. Accept it. Companies do it all the time to look better. But now Nintendo isn't allowed to do it? Laughable.

tbone51 said:

:) Not Pokemon for me, but just in time for Zelda:ALBW, and I got quite some catching up to do. Played SM3DL and MK7 already, but looking forward to playing NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Street Fighter IV maybe... and then there'll be Bravely Default soon, and some others I forgot.

Around the Network

Downgrading your systems is never a good idea. Look at what happened with the Wii Slim.

well.. there´s another point....
The 2ds can be seen as an affordable handheld device to sell in developing countries, where videogames are very, very expensive.
I live in Brazil and I can see a lot of people interested in getting a 2DS due to its low price.

As for the design... I think enough has been said about it. I don´t like it either.

The name is a problem, in my opinion, just like the confusion some people made with Wii/WiiU, maybe they should come with something like 3DSLite

Families and children shrug at what gamers like.

It has a purpose but the design is questionable. The price does make a big difference so does the lack of 3d (for kids who's parents don't allow them to get it).

OneTwoThree said:
tbone51 said:

:) Not Pokemon for me, but just in time for Zelda:ALBW, and I got quite some catching up to do. Played SM3DL and MK7 already, but looking forward to playing NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Street Fighter IV maybe... and then there'll be Bravely Default soon, and some others I forgot.

dont forget Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus!