By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers shrug at Nintendo 2DS console

Tagged games:

Are you getting a 2DS?

Yes 43 31.16%

No 95 68.84%

Total:138
Conegamer said:
More proof that most so-called forum goers have no idea what they're talking about, or about the market.

This isn't designed for us, it's designed for young children. I doubt the 2DS will have a branding issue, because it'll be clear enough I reckon.

Dont you mean main stream media?

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
think-man said:
Other than it looking "tacky" I think its a good idea. I even pre ordered one myself

WHOA WHOA WHOA

A Sonyite buying a Nintendo system!? That is unheard of!

lol jk, add me when I get my own 3DS *_*!

Not many people have the balls to even ATTEMPT saying Nintendo's handhelds suck. Nintendo has always completely owned in that department. It's the console side of things where people are really critical.

It's nothing to shrug at. A Nintendo handheld at an appropriate price, at last. GBA SP was the same price, DS lite was available for roughly that price most of the time. And let's not look into earlier handhelds, they were all much cheaper. Nintendo NEEDED a more affordable model.

If it was out today I'd have bought it already. Too bad about the 3D effect, but that feels prototype-ey anyway, with its 3° sweet spot.

J_Allard said:
Gamers should shrug at it. Gamers should already own a 3DS.

I stopped reading here.  /Thread

OneTwoThree said:

It's nothing to shrug at. A Nintendo handheld at an appropriate price, at last. GBA SP was the same price, DS lite was available for roughly that price most of the time. And let's not look into earlier handhelds, they were all much cheaper. Nintendo NEEDED a more affordable model.

If it was out today I'd have bought it already. Too bad about the 3D effect, but that feels prototype-ey anyway, with its 3° sweet spot.

are you buying one day one? also do you own a 3ds already?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Yes, I'm buying one. And I didn't buy a 3DS already, cause the regular one feels bad ergonomically (had a friend's 3DS for a few months), and the XL is just too pricey. Also it p*ss*d me off that Nintendo doesn't include the charger in EU, which adds another 10€. 

OneTwoThree said:
tbone51 said:

Yes, I'm buying one. And I didn't buy a 3DS already, cause the regular one feels bad ergonomically (had a friend's 3DS for a few months), and the XL is just too pricey. Also it p*ss*d me off that Nintendo doesn't include the charger in EU, which adds another 10€. 

cool, so then 2ds is perfect for you and with a purchase of pokemon!

If only it was able to have a proper linker, I'm sorry but Ninty games are soo damn expensive here.. Because it is a Sony land, only rich people are getting Nintendo Consoles/games except for Wii/DS because "Piracy".

BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:
More proof that most so-called forum goers have no idea what they're talking about, or about the market.

This isn't designed for us, it's designed for young children. I doubt the 2DS will have a branding issue, because it'll be clear enough I reckon.

Dont you mean main stream media?

Which is using forums as a source.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

the_dengle said:

Can't wait for the follow-up article in a few months about how much money Nintendo is making off this thing.

Words cannot express how horrifying it is to see a major news outlet like CNN quoting Neogaf members as though they're the authority on the situation.

Definitely.

This is pathetic journalism

I could easily write an article entitled "gamers go into hype over drive for new 2DS" and then grab a few quotes from gaf from nintendo fans loving the look of the 2DS.  Since when did internet forums become the source of cinsidered opinion and thought?  Especially the legions of sony apologists at gaf.

Lazy journalism and nothing more than cheap copy.

I'm not really here!