By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PlayStation 4

Tagged games:

spemanig said:

Sony doesn't have Microsoft's brand loyalty. 80 million people defected from the PS2 to the 360. Meanwhile, you can say whatever you want about how the 360 got it's brand loyalty, but the fact is that those reason's are transfering from generation to generation. That isn't happening for the PS4. 360 fans have a reason not to defect. PS2 owners didn't. I think the PS4's brand loyalty will be stronger than the PS2 to the PS3's was, but it won't be enough to convert those already defected to the 360, and it won't be as strong as the Microsoft's is. I think the the Wii U will sell the most, the XBO will come in second near the early halfway point, and the PS4 will be a close third, but I think the PS4 will be considered the most "gamer" console, with the XBO second, and the Wii U a not as distant as the Wii third.

We wont know MS's brand loyalty until the end of the gen, but just because people purchased a 360 instead of a PS3 does not mean they will buy an XboxOne over a PS4. I'm afraid you are totally misunderstanding the game market. I already know 2 staunch Xbox users who only care about the games, they liked their Xbox360, but have only the need to play the best games. Cost was also a consideration... cheapest but more powerful is a powerful combination for the core gamer.

PS3 still has some sales to go, in many markets the ps3 actually sold best once it went to a budet price. There are still millions of sales to be had and with Sony still making games for it, there is very good reason to think that it can go and hit 100+ million easily. You know that the PS2 sold many more millions after going to a budget price right? (were talking tens of millions).

MS messed up their launch year pretty badly, Sony is currently outselling them in pre-orders, anything can certainly happen in the next 12 months, but at the moment what you are suggesting is certainly not being shown by the market at this moment in time.

In believing the Wii-u will be the best selling console,... sorry that is just *NOT* going to happen. The wii-u is a 30-40 million console if they are lucky. Weak technology, poor marketing, launch too late, competition from the PS3/Xbox360, lack of 3rd party.. it's going to be last this gen no doubt.

It's too early to call from PS4/XboxOne, especially with a 5+ year plan, but I think there will be a 10-20 million gap this time between Sony and Ms... but MS did very well this gen counter acting Sony's moves, so they have a good chance of keeping up. Overtaking Sony without a year extra, without a more powerful console without a price benefit and with a poor message to consumers so far... thats going to be a challenge, but Sony were able to do the same. There is always a chance, but if Sony launch well in europe in the countries MS doesnt, I don't see Sony losing out this gen unless they mess it up.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
f42425 said:
Games will decide in long-term view. Microsoft do much of the Nintendo way. Optional Kinect would make the XBOne much cheaper as Wii U is in terms of price much to expensive.

As price is less important than which console your friends have, XBOne will do good but could do much better. Outside the US Kinect is more disappointing than fun.

The bolded part exactly how Microsoft took gamers from Sonys marketshare and made them defect. A gen with Microsoft and Sony launching head to head and with Sony having more powerful hardware at a lower price gives the edge to Sony. Last time I saw Sonys preorders they were ahead of MS 2:1 in America and in the world Its basically 3:1. They have over a million preorders WW.

I agree, but it costs too much either way.

Cypher1980 said:
Maybe in the states.

But what about Europe where a number of key features wont be available at launch ?

Have you seen FIFA?

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

I think you underestimate brand loyalty. The 360 needed to release a year early. The original Xbox only had 20 million sales and no prior cosoles to build off of. The Xbox One has an extremely dedicated 80 million. Hasn't beaten them in America. That majority shows just how feeble the Sony brand loyalty is. No one in the mass market cares about most Sony exclusives. Most people have never heard of Uncharted, Sony's second most successful franchise, which isn't saying much. No one in the mass market knows what Infamous is. They don't know what Killzone is. They don't know what LBP is. But they know Halo, and Gears of War, and Kinect Adventures. Their fans are attached to the most successful multiplatform franchise of the generation, Call of Duty. Now they have Titanfall. If you think that doesn't matter, I can't help you. And they can't easily take anything away. Sony had GTA as a Sony exclusive before the PS3. That will never happen again. That's why half their install base defected to the 360. Now FFXV and KH3 aren't exclusive. The Xbox fanbase isn't going anywhere.

Brand loyalty.....something Microsoft has the least of compared to Sony and Nintendo. Loyalty, and brand awareness is why they are paying EA through the teeth for IP advantages in Europe at launch and after. I wish I could say I agreed, but history has proven otherwise. With Microsofts first and second party from last gen and the gen before, its easy to see why they gained the first generation sales that they did.

Sony doesn't have Microsoft's brand loyalty. 80 million people defected from the PS2 to the 360. Meanwhile, you can say whatever you want about how the 360 got it's brand loyalty, but the fact is that those reason's are transfering from generation to generation. That isn't happening for the PS4. 360 fans have a reason not to defect. PS2 owners didn't. I think the PS4's brand loyalty will be stronger than the PS2 to the PS3's was, but it won't be enough to convert those already defected to the 360, and it won't be as strong as the Microsoft's is. I think the the Wii U will sell the most, the XBO will come in second near the early halfway point, and the PS4 will be a close third, but I think the PS4 will be considered the most "gamer" console, with the XBO second, and the Wii U a not as distant as the Wii third.

Do you actually understand what brand loyalty even is? or are you just churning out nonsense you read someone else say?

if people went from PS2 to 360, its not microsoft brand loyalty

if people went from xbox to xbox 360, THAT would be brand loyalty.

360 launch with no direct competitor from Sony, for 11-16 months depending where in the world you lived, those wanting a new console and not wanting to wait a year to get one, bought a 360, some didnt buy a ps3 due to price, or simply having felt comfortable with the 360, others did.

But seriously, claiming microsoft has "more brand loyalty", because people went from a SONY console to a MICROSOFT console is just outright crazy,

Also, incase you havent been paying attention lately - despite an additional year to a year and a half on sale, the 360 is no longer ahead in sales, so even if all current owners of current systems stuck with the brand consoles they currently have, the ps4 would still come out on top.

Now on to the bold. The console hasnt even hit 80 million in sales yet and youre claiming each and every one of them are all ex sony fans? you know, some people.. i dont know.. own more than just one system.. and if i was going to make such claims id be more inclined to say the Wii got more of sonys players than the xbox did.

But hey, keep crafting that world of delusion.

Around the Network

i still dont understand why people think microsofts lineup is better, sonys is already better and there still hasnt been anything announced from naughty dog ssm or mm. imo, sonys indie lineup is better than any of microsofts exclusives besides titanfall, and nothing exclusive announced from either camp comes close to infamous second son, that is by far the best looking exclusive next gen

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

i think the ONE is a great console . but alot of people dont want kinect they wouldnt use it so to them its $100 dollars down the drain . ms will do a kinect free console otherwise its not going to capture the mass market who always buy the cheaper alternative. id get the kinect personally its cool

lxhizy said:
zorg1000 said:

The only exclusive that Playstation hasnt matched is Kinect Andventures.

Well I think that's because it's a bundled game, mainly, well I think we all agree. lol

Yes that definitely contributed greatly to its sales, if im not mistsken its been bundled with every Kinect outside of special edition bundles like the Star Wars one. I didnt want to get into an argument over what caused the games to sell tho, just wanted to show him that a majority of PS exclusives sell on par or greater than many Xbox exclusives.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This is unprofessional, in my opinion.

LOL!