By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PlayStation 4

Tagged games:

Sony doesn't have Microsoft's brand loyalty. 80 million people defected from the PS2 to the 360. Meanwhile, you can say whatever you want about how the 360 got it's brand loyalty, but the fact is that those reason's are transfering from generation to generation. That isn't happening for the PS4. 360 fans have a reason not to defect. PS2 owners didn't. I think the PS4's brand loyalty will be stronger than the PS2 to the PS3's was, but it won't be enough to convert those already defected to the 360, and it won't be as strong as the Microsoft's is. I think the the Wii U will sell the most, the XBO will come in second near the early halfway point, and the PS4 will be a close third, but I think the PS4 will be considered the most "gamer" console, with the XBO second, and the Wii U a not as distant as the Wii third.

80 mil?? hold your horses there,,, you're comparing 12 and a half years worth of sales of the ps2,compared to less that 7 years of ps3 sales? ... look at preorders, look at every poll taken from dif websites of what they want the most... a good chunk of the ppl who did leave the ps2 to the 360,are now heading back to the ps brand... there is no way on this earth imo that nintendo finishes ahead of sony  this round.. its a dead console,,the hook that sold the wii(wiimote) does not exist on the wiiu. wiiu is  the vita of consoles.nobody cares but the very hardcore nintendo fans.. i can easily see the ps4 winning in every single market this gen.. it has too much going for it,from price to  power to popularity. ms really hurt their brand this round

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Gran Turismo sells just as well as Halo

Uncharted sells just as well as Gears of War

God of War sells just as well as Fable

Sports Champions sells just as well as Kinect Sports

Resistance sells just as well as Left 4 Dead

LittleBig Planet sells just as well as Forza

Killzone sells just as well as Crackdown

InFamous sells just as well as Alan Wake

Motorstorm sells just as well as Viva Pinata

Ratchet & Clank sells just as well as Banjo-Kazooie

Heavy Rain sells just as well as Kinect Disneyland Adventures

EyePet sells just as well as Kinectimals

Singstar sells just as well as Kinect Joy Ride

Heavenly Sword sells just as well as Kinect Star Wars

The only exclusive that Playstation hasnt matched is Kinect Andventures.

Odd group of comparisons...  Did you actually take time to look them up or did you just pull them out of the air?

I think that you just made up the list, as I looked up just 2 of your comparisons and they were completely off the mark.  Eyepet sold 40% less than Kinectimals.  Also, Sports champions sold 2 MILLION less than Kinect Sports.

Your point is invalid if you just make crap up!

badgenome said:
Cypher1980 said:
Maybe in the states.

But what about Europe where a number of key features wont be available at launch ?

Have you seen FIFA?

Yes but i dont feel it makes up for the loss of features at Launch. Plus no guarantee the features will be reinstated

best laugh ive had all week! This is just ridiculous M$. No its not. I dont want kinect. ever. again.

spurgeonryan said:
I agree. Just the Kinect alone has to be worth close to an extra 100 dollars.

Totally disagree. 100 bucks for what voice? Something many other devices can do?

Of course MS will say this, it is their product, DUH.

Unfortunately for MS it is the CONSUMER who decides.

Around the Network
larrysdirtydrawss said:

Sony doesn't have Microsoft's brand loyalty. 80 million people defected from the PS2 to the 360. Meanwhile, you can say whatever you want about how the 360 got it's brand loyalty, but the fact is that those reason's are transfering from generation to generation. That isn't happening for the PS4. 360 fans have a reason not to defect. PS2 owners didn't. I think the PS4's brand loyalty will be stronger than the PS2 to the PS3's was, but it won't be enough to convert those already defected to the 360, and it won't be as strong as the Microsoft's is. I think the the Wii U will sell the most, the XBO will come in second near the early halfway point, and the PS4 will be a close third, but I think the PS4 will be considered the most "gamer" console, with the XBO second, and the Wii U a not as distant as the Wii third.

80 mil?? hold your horses there,,, you're comparing 12 and a half years worth of sales of the ps2,compared to less that 7 years of ps3 sales? ... look at preorders, look at every poll taken from dif websites of what they want the most... a good chunk of the ppl who did leave the ps2 to the 360,are now heading back to the ps brand... there is no way on this earth imo that nintendo finishes ahead of sony  this round.. its a dead console,,the hook that sold the wii(wiimote) does not exist on the wiiu. wiiu is  the vita of consoles.nobody cares but the very hardcore nintendo fans.. i can easily see the ps4 winning in every single market this gen.. it has too much going for it,from price to  power to popularity. ms really hurt their brand this round

Sony doesn thave MS brand loyalty? No theirs is even bigger...........   PS fans have no reason to leave Sony I know quite a few xbox fans switching and polls and pre-orders even in the US are all in Sony's favour.

I think, I think, I think, I think....

Come on Microsoft keep this crappy wording out of the media for once!!!

Well, they're right.

You get more tech straight out of the box. Specs are irrelevant, because no matter how much more powerful the PS4 is, Kinect for Xbox One will be the difference when it comes to cost/value at launch because libraries will be very, very similar.

As a package, the Xbox One is indeed worth $100 more than the PS4.

In the grand scheme of things its irrelevant, but he is 100% bob on.

WOW how unprofessional, trolling Sony....If you go by what some xbox fans said when Sony said they have been more consistent..lol.

Either way he's wrong.

Ultimately, consumers want to buy the "best thing," Penello said. The Xbox One's stance as the most premium console this holiday season won't hold it back, he argued

Tell that to Sony with the Ps3. No RRoD, blu-ray, free onlineand the cell.
And no, its not worth 100 more. You know why? Because the consumers decide whag its worth and me as a consumer see no value in tv features or kinect.