By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PlayStation 4

Tagged games:

zorg1000 said:
So this is acceptable to say but meh is crossing the line?

neither is crossing the line imo, people are too sensitive.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Ultimately, consumers want to buy the "best thing," Penello said. The Xbox One's stance as the most premium console this holiday season won't hold it back, he argued

Tell that to Sony with the Ps3. No RRoD, blu-ray, free onlineand the cell.
And no, its not worth 100 more. You know why? Because the consumers decide whag its worth and me as a consumer see no value in tv features or kinect.

Totally agree

spurgeonryan said:
so much hate in this thread, even though 360 basicallydominateed sony for 5 years even without have Japan. wow!

How did it dominate? PS3 outsold 360  WW for every year except 1..................it just launched later.. That's domination? Also how is that even relevant?

Carl2291 said:
Well, they're right.

You get more tech straight out of the box. Specs are irrelevant, because no matter how much more powerful the PS4 is, Kinect for Xbox One will be the difference when it comes to cost/value at launch because libraries will be very, very similar.

As a package, the Xbox One is indeed worth $100 more than the PS4.

In the grand scheme of things its irrelevant, but he is 100% bob on.

But the statement wasn't made in that context/those terms: "I think we do more. I think our games are better. I think as people start to experience Kinect and see what it can do using voice, I think that’s better etc.", not "there are more devices in the box, that add to a greater cost.", so it's subjective. I would say even what you said is still subjective, because although the tech is costlier as whole in the X1 box, if someone doesn't care for kinect they see little value in it, leaving the comparison between the consoles and controllers. So you're technically right, but it doesn't matter because that's not how people think.

iamdeath said:
spurgeonryan said:
so much hate in this thread, even though 360 basicallydominateed sony for 5 years even without have Japan. wow!

How did it dominate? PS3 outsold 360  WW for every year except 1..................it just launched later.. That's domination? Also how is that even relevant?

Dominated in the US, dominated online multiplayer, dominated in the sales of a lot of franchises.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

If 360 domunated sony for 5 years then sony must have sold a shitload this past yearand noone bought the 360 for sony to catch up

Andrespetmonkey said:
iamdeath said:
spurgeonryan said:

Dominated in the US, dominated online multiplayer, dominated in the sales of a lot of franchises.

Anyone can cherry pick arguements.  360 never dominated period. Sony had a lot more AAA exclusives, sold more WW, and took away any momentum MS had. Sles of franchises? Theya re pretty even. HAlO-GT. Unmcharted - GEars. Sony has a lot more games that sell 2-3 million rnage that are exclusives.

Sony dominated Europe, Japana, and rest of the world..............

Dominated ONline? Proof? As many are playing COD online on PS3 as 360.

Andrespetmonkey said:

But the statement wasn't made in that context/those terms: "I think we do more. I think our games are better. I think as people start to experience Kinect and see what it can do using voice, I think that’s better etc.", not "there are more devices in the box, that add to a greater cost.", so it's subjective. I would say even what you said is still subjective, because although the tech is costlier as whole in the X1 box, if someone doesn't care for kinect they see little value in it, leaving the comparison between the consoles and controllers. So you're technically right, but it doesn't matter because that's not how people think.

It doesnt matter if you or I see value in Kinect, the fact remains that it's still in the box and it adds to the value of the package.

There is nothing wrong at all with him saying he thinks they have more value. There is nothing wrong with an Xbox guy saying he thinks the Xbox One is better value for money, or worth the $100 extra.

I dont see the problem.

If you want to talk to your console while watching sports, tv, sports, and sports, or flail around in your living room like C-3PO on crack then the XboxONE is made for you.

If you just want a gaming system you can't go past the PS4.

The value depends on what you want in a gaming console.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Carl2291 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It doesnt matter if you or I see value in Kinect, the fact remains that it's still in the box and it adds to the value of the package.

Yes it does, because consumers don't think 100% objectively, they see different value in different things and don't for the most part don't buy a console over another because the tech inside one box amounts to a higher price.

There is nothing wrong at all with him saying he thinks they have more value. There is nothing wrong with an Xbox guy saying he thinks the Xbox One is better value for money, or worth the $100 extra.

I dont see the problem.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with him saying that, I said he was neither right nor wrong as it was a subjective statement, and the guy wasn't speaking in the same terms as you.