By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many of you still have PS3 fats still running?

Tagged games:

I still have mine upstairs don't play games on it just films, il never get rid its one hell of a beast and also a reminder how Sony went wrong

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

still use mine, upgraded the HDD long ago.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I still have my second PS3 Phat (PAL 80GB) now upgraded to 320gig 7200rpm that I purchased on February 2009. My first one which was a 40gig unit died on me after just over a year.

I was interested for a while in getting the PS3 Slim and I'm really not a fan of the super slim. But as of now my PS3 is still going strong :)

My PS3 is doing okay

I did have to swap out my refurbished launch model (which is now sitting upstairs as a blu-ray/netflix player/emergency console). So I am on what I think is a 2nd generation, maybe 120GB although I did replace the HDD with a 320GB HDD.

It has had some moments, but is basically running fine. I am always sure to give it loads of airflow, but I have never actually cleaned the inside of it or anything. There have been some crashes and freezes, but it seems to have calmed down recently. I just hope GTA doesn't kill it

Around the Network

60gb broke down years ago, had an 80gb going strong since then and i've never cleaned it aside from wiping dust off the fans.

I still have my fat PS3 (80 GB) that I purchased in 2008 and it works just fine. No heat problems, no loud fans - everything's okay like it's still new. Even the original controller that came with the bundle is still working fine and I used (and still use) it a lot.

I have a fatty from the first wave of 80Gb(PAL) ones. I have given it a vacuum cleaner treatment once, no problems whatsoever unless you count increased fan activity if it's a hot day and I've been playing for hours. Back in the day, my first PS1 screwed up its laser so I had to buy another one, that's all from the Sony front of hardware problems.

I still have my 80gb phat currently playing Tales of Xillia on it. We also have a 40gb phat for the entire family to use.

My 60GB PS3 is still working. It's a bitch downloading updates cuz it constantly stops progressing and I have to restart the download but it plays games perfectly fine. Surprising since I used to carry that thing around in my back pack all the time. Would have thought I'd knocked it around one too many times by now.