By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many of you still have PS3 fats still running?

Tagged games:

Sal.Paradise said:

I have a 40gb fatboy and yeh it's loud when the fans turn on, if that's what you mean by the buzzing. If you do mean fan noise, opening up the case and blowing dust out with compressed air will help a bit, but not much, it just delays the time it takes for the fans to come on. If your friend is comfortable with taking the PS3 apart, reapplying thermal paste to the cpu is your best bet to stop the fans from having to work overtime.

If you don't mean fan noise..maybe the HDD is fucked and he should replace that.

Thanks for the tips.  I don't think he is techy at all.  But can name every single Acadame Award ever awarded to anyone.  He is kind of amazing that way.

It has lots of air circulation, but also as a kitty that is happy to share his fur with everything.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Yep, still having that original 60gb model. Fan is loud, but I changed thermal paste a couple of years ago for "Arctic cooling(or was it silver). PS3 is only warm after that, but fan is still loud, I think the firmware that came after "Slim" version is at fault here.

Me, I reapplied thermal paste and blew dust out though like every year.

I'm going to buy another PS3 sometime just because I want to make sure I'm able to play PS3 games in 20 years or so.

Ive got one of the 60gig backwards compatible versions, still going strong :)

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

I have a 80GB fat PS3 (2008 edition) and my brother my old 60GB launch PS3, both are still working fine, but I had to replace the thermal grease in the launch unit.

Around the Network

i do, but its like a 2008 model, still runs good and doesnt make any crazy sounds

PDF said:
My old fat is at my parents house. Was an original 20gb. It got YLOD two months ago. I think it can be fixed but my dad just went out and bought a new PS3. I told him she should have just waited till the PS4 came out and he can have mine but he just has to play his football games.

"I told him she"

Haha  =P

I do, and it works fine. I do dust it from time to time to make sure it's fine though,

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I have a fat 80GB PS3 from when they first introduced the 80GB PS3's. I've actually had it repaired once about half a year ago and it's still going strong!

I have a 60GB that still works. It's a video game console, a Netflix machine, and a space heater all in one.