By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many of you still have PS3 fats still running?

Tagged games:

Regarding blowing dust out of the PS3, if you turn the PS3 off at the back (little rocker switch) and then hold down the eject button as you flick the rocker switch back on. The PS3 will double beep, then the fans will go full bore in reverse for 10 seconds, then beep again and go back to standby. Press the power button again and it'll start up normal. I do this roughly every year and my 40GB phat PS3 still runs like clockwork.

Around the Network
PDF said:

My old fat is at my parents house. Was an original 20gb. It got YLOD two months ago. I think it can be fixed but my dad just went out and bought a new PS3. I told him, he should have just waited till the PS4 came out and he can have mine but he just has to play his football games.

Yes, some people and their football.  You should never try to come between.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I had mine for 5 years until it started messing up. I could'nt get a clear image and the sound was messing up,that's when I replaced it with a slim. This was last year. It was the 60gb model.

I still have my 60GB Fat. Still works. Haven't turned it on since the YLOD scare. Just went out and bought a slim and use that. Don't want the collectors value of my Fat w/BC to depreciate

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
czecherychestnut said:
Regarding blowing dust out of the PS3, if you turn the PS3 off at the back (little rocker switch) and then hold down the eject button as you flick the rocker switch back on. The PS3 will double beep, then the fans will go full bore in reverse for 10 seconds, then beep again and go back to standby. Press the power button again and it'll start up normal. I do this roughly every year and my 40GB phat PS3 still runs like clockwork.

Wow, that's a great feature.  I have never heard anything like that.  I think all things with fans in them should have a feature like that.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

The majority of my friends whom have PS3's still have their fat PS3's. Few of them have the slim or have ever had a PS3 break down on them. I've witness the noise though, but not from most of them.

Zappykins said:
czecherychestnut said:

Wow, that's a great feature.  I have never heard anything like that.  I think all things with fans in them should have a feature like that.

It is a pretty neat feature, I'm not sure where I read about it first as its not in the manual for some reason, but like I said I've done it every year and my PS3 still runs cool and quiet.

My 80Gb PS3 2008 model is still running. Recently the sound and image occasionally messed up . Maybe it's time to move on to the PS4 :(

Yep. Bought mine 3 months before semi-slim came out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

My 60gb model died the Summer of 2009. My brother's 20gb was going strong until it started getting loud and eventually died in 2011, and he had to sell half his game collection to get a new one. Your friend's system might not have too long to go.

I am the Playstation Avenger.