By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many of you still have PS3 fats still running?

Tagged games:

My first ps3 (60gb) that i got in September 2007 just after the first price cut. It YLODed in 2011. I got Sony to replace it for another repaired 60gb model because before then i still found myself playing ps2 games every now and then. After that I do not seem to have seemed played them any more. I blame ps+ for giving me to many games to play :). Its still running fine, like others though the fan can get pretty noisy.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network

I went through 3. Yes I paid 1800.

I still have many 80Gb MGSIV bundle PS3 (June 2008) and it works perfectly well. It does make some noise but nothing too disturbing.

Signature goes here!

Mine is over.

Japanese 60 GB Ps3 Fat. (1 day console)

Yellow light 1 year ago. :(

Mine is still running and I bought it used.

Around the Network

Bought my 80GB model in February 2009. Still works like a charm. No loud fans or anything.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Still have a 40Gb PS3 that I bought 6 years ago, when I first moved here. Had a friend of mine clean it of dust every couple of years, replaced the thermal paste and installed a chip in it that raises the minimum RPM for the cooler so it basically forces the console to cool down a lot more than it normally would. Also, the 40Gb HDD I had in it crapped out barely last month so I got myself a 500Gb one and a PS+ subscription.
One of the best machines I've ever purchased and I'm still very happy with it.

MohammadBadir said:
I went through 3. Yes I paid 1800. Fuck Sony

1 gen 60gig ps3 still running :), make some noise tho. Never got a oled.

she's a trooper !

MohammadBadir said:
I went through 3. Yes I paid 1800. Fuck Sony

That would mean you went through 3 in the first 8 months, since it recieved a price drop in June the next year to $500.  But that also means all 3 would have been covered under the manufacturers warranty and you would have just had to send it off for repairs.   So i call BS.