By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that the Vita had a price drop, will the Wii U still be able to catch it this year?

Can the wii U over take?

Not this year now 42 19.27%

Yes 88 40.37%

Maybe 36 16.51%

Not at all. 50 22.94%

Other post below 2 0.92%

Total:218

One thread at a time cowboy!

No one can say...

WiiU has Big Games coming

PSV has 2mil advantage and outselling WiiU WW still and ps4 connectivity

Around the Network

At the low sales level both have, everything can change a lot in this snails race. Hard to say, but the gap seems to big.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The Wii U was never going to catch up this year.

JoeTheBro said:
The Wii U was never going to catch up this year.

And why exactly is that? "Never" really?

spurgeonryan said:

Maybe there should be some 3DS connectivity? Even though the Wii U has a gamepad....

Playing 3DS games on the big screen would be a start.

CrossBuy for legacy games (NES, SNES, GBA, DS) would be great. Buy them once in the eShop, play them on WiiU and on the 3DS.

Around the Network

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'll see your Vita's Killzone 2.9m and Borderlands 2 1.5m and raise it to the Wii U's Wind Waker HD's 4m, Donkey Kong's 5m, Wii Party's 7m, Mario & Sonic's 8m, Super Mario 3D Land's 8m+, Wii Fit's 20m. The Vita's gonna fold. Price cut or not. Especially when the Wii U is outselling it in Japan where the price cut already happened.

Is there even any point comparing the wii U and the Vita?

The vita isnt doing great but I think the wii U is doing worse.
I cant see MH4 selling as many Wii U's as opposed to 3DS.

the-pi-guy said:
spemanig said:
Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'll see your Vita's Killzone 2.9m and Borderlands 2 1.5m and raise it to the Wii U's Wind Waker HD's 4m, Donkey Kong's 5m, Wii Party's 7m, Mario & Sonic's 8m, Super Mario 3D Land's 8m+, Wii Fit's 20m. The Vita's gonna fold. Price cut or not. Especially when the Wii U is outselling it in Japan where the price cut already happened.

What?

As for the rest of it, did you even read my other post to you in the other thread?

It already had a price cut, and nope.

No.

Click HERE and be happy 

the price cut just happened, and vita already outsells wiiu every month. its not impossible but i dont think it is likely.
we dont even have numebrs after the price cut yet. who knows. iwata has his head up his ass too far for a price cut on the wiiu so no i dont think it will happen based on that alone.