By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that the Vita had a price drop, will the Wii U still be able to catch it this year?

Can the wii U over take?

Not this year now 42 19.27%

Yes 88 40.37%

Maybe 36 16.51%

Not at all. 50 22.94%

Other post below 2 0.92%

Total:218

I don't see the gap disappearing, more closing. So they'll be less than 1mil in it, which will be wiped out early next year due to Mario Kart.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

Look at NSMBU. It's at 2 million and with legs could make it to 3 or so. 

NSMBU will go, far, faaar beyond 3 million.

curl-6 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Look at NSMBU. It's at 2 million and with legs could make it to 3 or so. 

NSMBU will go, far, faaar beyond 3 million.

yea, its at 2mil now but that game along with MK has the best legs in the industry. Minimum 5mil (if WiiU sells no less than 20mil lifetime)

tbone51 said:
C64 said:
I don't think the Wii U will ever catch the Vita. As soon as the PS4 and XBoxOne hit the market the Wii U will be dead (if it wasn't dead on arrival that is).

why do you think wiiu is dead? You probably a guy who thought 3DS would be DEAD too am i right? Why will WiiU be dead, pls do explain

I will explain, but you should exlain why you're making such absurd and false pretences about me. I never said anything about the 3DS because I'm not really into mobile gaming at all.

The Wii U has no mass appeal, it's a niche product. It's neither interesting for casual gamers because it offers nothing "fancy and new" like the Wii did with its motion controller. The tablet controller is simply unhandy and rather scaring customers off instead of attracting them. Nor is it interesting for core gamers because of the obvious lack of processing power and terrible third-party support. Just look at Ubisoft (Rayman Legends) for example: They lost their faith in the Wii U and had to pull the ripcord and go multiplat. No one can blame them, they had to make the best of a bad situation.

I could go into details but I think that's enough for now. No need to feel offended, this is all just my humble opinion and you know ppl say they're like rectal orifices.

JoeTheBro said:

As for your points though, I don't think you understand. In Japan, stuff happens. I don't really follow their games. In the west though, the Wii U got Lego City, Injustice, that Wario game, that mii party game I think, and NSLU off the top of my head. Vita got NOTHING! Its biggest game in the past 9 months was the PSN title Guacamelee that was crossbuy with PS3.

Soul Sacrifice, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, and Dragon's Crown?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Nem said:

I think they need to be at least 100 euros below the PS4. Because if you buy a Wii U 350, with 50 more you can get a PS4. With that said, the software offering on Wii U this christmas is alot more appealing in general than the other two systems.

That fits in with what my post said. Deluxe at 299 is 100 less than PS4 and Wind Waker bundle is 50 less than PS4 and I assume it also includes Nintendo Land.

Based off that u can get Wii U w/Nintendo Land+Wind Waker+2 more games for basically the same price as PS4+1 game

Yup. That indeed gives it more value.

Nem said:
I think the Wii U will explode this christmas. People are underestimating the fact that the system is cheaper and will have quality software out. Its just a shame Mario Kart wont be out aswell.

I do think Nintendo needs to slash the price, even if only by 20 euros or something, just to raise awareness.

Who are your sources? HAHA! Or are you Iwata? XD

Nintendo will have a very good December IMO. Then they have a solid stream of high profile releases in 2014 to continue the momentum. Why would they want to go out all guns blazing against PS4 and XBONE when they can mop up when those have sold out?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Not this year anyway. Both sell disappointingly anyway.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

With this recent news, I think it'll be closer, within 500k. But I still don't see it overtaking.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
With this recent news, I think it'll be closer, within 500k. But I still don't see it overtaking.

Recent news? What did I miss?