By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that the Vita had a price drop, will the Wii U still be able to catch it this year?

Can the wii U over take?

Not this year now 42 19.27%

Yes 88 40.37%

Maybe 36 16.51%

Not at all. 50 22.94%

Other post below 2 0.92%

Total:218
brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
With this recent news, I think it'll be closer, within 500k. But I still don't see it overtaking.

Recent news? What did I miss?

The Wii U price cut is what I was referring to.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I hope it doesn't catch up, but only because I hope KillZone and Tearaway etc can sell more Vitas than we expect.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Conegamer said:
brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
With this recent news, I think it'll be closer, within 500k. But I still don't see it overtaking.

Recent news? What did I miss?

The Wii U price cut is what I was referring to.

Oooh kk. I thought something was announced about the Wii U along with the 2DS announcement.

With the big games coming for WiiU and a $50 price drop, I can see WiiU surpassing Vita!

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

MikeRox said:
I hope it doesn't catch up, but only because I hope KillZone and Tearaway etc can sell more Vitas than we expect.

killzone pre orders<<<60k, i read it somewhere, if i find it i'll post it

Around the Network

Oh I don't expect either of them to sell consoles, but having just tried the beta, KillZone Merc is actually looking like one of the best FPS games of the year, let alone on a handheld console! I can't wait to get stuck into the campaign!

Wii U holiday line-up looks like it will sell more systems, but not to the point of surpassing Vita. Maybe it will be around it, 250k-350k in Vita's favor LTD.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MikeRox said:
Nem said:
I think the Wii U will explode this christmas. People are underestimating the fact that the system is cheaper and will have quality software out. Its just a shame Mario Kart wont be out aswell.

I do think Nintendo needs to slash the price, even if only by 20 euros or something, just to raise awareness.

Who are your sources? HAHA! Or are you Iwata? XD

Nintendo will have a very good December IMO. Then they have a solid stream of high profile releases in 2014 to continue the momentum. Why would they want to go out all guns blazing against PS4 and XBONE when they can mop up when those have sold out?

Because they want to sell more than them. As i said, it will raise awareness. Its more for the atention than the money savings.

I meant with the fact Nintendo announced a price drop for Wii U today :) your comment timing was uncanny! hehe

Well, they certainly are all set now. Just missing a Mario kart, but i believe Nintendo will have a good christmas. Dont think little old Vita has a chance, but the Vita is alot more appealing now aswell.