By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you hate indie games?

Tagged games:

Why do you hate indie games?

Too few graphics. 19 18.10%

Because Sony has them. 22 20.95%

I have no soul. 5 4.76%

I am Bobby Kotick. 11 10.48%

I don't hate your mom. 48 45.71%

Total:105

i dont hate them or anything plus alot of them either look the same or are just a rip off of older games. i just haven't seen any that peak my interest to play them. and if there ever is one ill just play it on the pc

i think the reason people are complaining about them is due to sony putting such a huge push on indies it seems at every conference most of the show is about indies

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
the fact that the OP isn't centered on bad indiana jones games feels like wasted potential..

Are there any bad Indy-games? OK, I have to admit, I only know about the two LucasArts-games. If there are more out there, they may suck.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Cobretti2 said:

Seriously all three console makers shoudl be publishing monthly indy collections on discs. Then i would.

That would be indeed great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

They made me hate Pixelart. Goddamit indies, if the game has to be in 2D at all costs at least take the time to draw it properly >:{

I have no Soul...lol Transistor and Rime caught my eye.

Can we stop calling Minecraft an Indie game? Can we?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Cobretti2 said:

Seriously all three console makers shoudl be publishing monthly indy collections on discs. Then i would.

That would be indeed great.

yer they can publish liek the top 10 or whatever for that month. That would save trouble having to lok for the good games lol.

forest-spirit said:
It doesn't make sense to me how you can hate or love indie games. Indie games isn't exactly a genre, it's just games made by independant developers. And there are a bajillion of them out there.

Here here. And that's what stands out to me whenever someone has their little tantrum over indies for whatever reason - the company warriors, the snobs, those guys that are scared out of their fucking minds by games without objectives or coins to collect - it simply can't be a judgement of their quality, it's just ignorance of what's out there....or they have an agenda to push. It's a waste of everyone's time to hate on such a wide swath of games but some people really do like saying how much they hate them, almost as a point of pride. 

morenoingrato said:

They focus on aesthetics, style and superficial things and give shallow, uninteresting gameplay. It's like they are trying to be artistic and fail horribly.

Braid, Super Meat Boy, Trine 2, Limbo, *THE WALKING DEAD*, Cave Story, World of Goo, Hotline Miami. I hated them all. And those are supposed to be the very best.

*Disclaimer: To The Moon is really awesome.

Do tell me how Super Meat Boy has shallow, uninteresting gameplay and is trying to be artistic. (Aren't you a big fan of certain other 2d platformers?)

indys are just doing what with big companies are too good for anymore, sometimes its nice to play a game, example by mentioning big companies like square forgot how rpgs are made and what makes them fun.

i am excited from the indy games shown for ps4 and vita.

Sal.Paradise said:
morenoingrato said:

They focus on aesthetics, style and superficial things and give shallow, uninteresting gameplay. It's like they are trying to be artistic and fail horribly.

Braid, Super Meat Boy, Trine 2, Limbo, *THE WALKING DEAD*, Cave Story, World of Goo, Hotline Miami. I hated them all. And those are supposed to be the very best.

*Disclaimer: To The Moon is really awesome.

Do tell me how Super Meat Boy has shallow, uninteresting gameplay and is trying to be artistic. (Aren't you a big fan of certain 2d other platformers?)

not to mention braid had arguably the most interesting gameplay of any game from this last gen..