By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer responds to Sony's 'dig' at Gamescom

Euphoria14 said:

This begs the question then...

If they have a two-way conversation going on with the community then how did they end up making a console that was anything but what the community wanted?

That only happens when you don't listen.

Exactly.

At least they are trying to spin it without making a complete ass of themselves this time.

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Very good and professional response. Glad one of them kept it professional.

Sony can't have fun?

At E3 it was a a little more relevant (Still unprofessional) and the crowd went wild.  At Gamescom it was strictly out of bad taste and I was glad the crowd didnt respond the same way.  It's like they tried to derail the show again and try to get a bunch of attention the same way they did at E3.

I actually thought it was Phil Fish, he'll say something stupid like "omg Sony is soooo right trolololol fucking stupid japanese companies like Microshaft!, Fez off stoopid gamers, I'm great"

JayWood2010 said:

Hahahah.. whrer is the "tvtvtvtvtsportstvtvtvtv" mantra MS has relied on? Notice basically every 4th word is "gamers" in his response. not the slightest hint of tvsportstv anymore..

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Euphoria14 said:

This begs the question then...

If they have a two-way conversation going on with the community then how did they end up making a console that was anything but what the community wanted?

That only happens when you don't listen.

+1

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
iceboy151 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Sony can't have fun?

At E3 it was a a little more relevant (Still unprofessional) and the crowd went wild.  At Gamescom it was strictly out of bad taste and I was glad the crowd didnt respond the same way.  It's like they tried to derail the show again and try to get a bunch of attention the same way they did at E3.

Um no.

Also his reply is ok, but he should have not even commented on this.

JayWood2010 said:
iceboy151 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Sony can't have fun?

Sony's dig was justified simply because it was the truth. Also, the crowd had a pretty good reaction, unless of course they were just Sony employees clapping =/

Sal.Paradise said:
Sounds humbled. Quite the turnaround.

Yeah this sucks... I hate humbled replies meant to please everyone. 

JayWood2010 said:
iceboy151 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Sony can't have fun?

When they announced no DRM at E3, that's not unprofessional, it's smart. If your competition were implementing DRM, and you knew conusmers hate it. Wouldn't you let the world know that you wouldn't put it in your console? They're running a business, they're trying to get as many people on their side as possible.

Spencer makes it sound nice, but in the beginning to sounded like they were willing to ignore consumers until they saw the preorders.