By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer responds to Sony's 'dig' at Gamescom

J_Allard said:
platformmaster918 said:

funny because what Sony execs have said recently has gotten standing ovations.  Can't believe Xbox fans still try to downplay this stuff after thunderous applause.

You're normally smarter than that, you know the type of stuff I am referring to. And for future reference, no, I don't really care about how some spergs react to an E3 slide.

weren't they neutral press members mostly?  I thought E3 was a closed event.  I like head to head competition.  I liked "SEGA does what Nintendon't!" and I like Andrew House's comments at Gamescom.  It's those direct comments at E3 that saved us from DRM.  I mean the industry was heading toward digital check ins and one use discs and they got a standing ovation because they stood up DIRECTLY to that.  If they feel like reminding people how they've been unchanging while others have waffled I have no issue with that.  If Sony had tried DRM and MS had stood up to them I would feel the same way.  In fact I applaud WiiU for not doing anything bad yet they haven't touted it at all which has been to their detriment.  It's a great card that Nintendo hasn't played (and they need some cards to play at this point on home consoles)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

lol it's not those direct comments at E3 that "saved us" from anything. It was Gamestop telling customers they could not resell their games, play offline, or loan out games to friends. And I don't mind good classic jabs at competition either. For example, the Sony video about sharing a game with friends by simply handing the disc over. Again though, not talking about that. You know some of the idiocy Sony has spread this gen.