By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer responds to Sony's 'dig' at Gamescom

Some people here seriously need to look up the word "trolling". I don't think it means what you think it means =)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Shinobi-san said:
JayWood2010 said:

lol  As i said earlier you are stating opinions as facts.  You are saying you are the only one that could possible be correct and because I disagree with you that I have discredited myself and that it is baseless statements.

My explanation was and always has been the same.  But because you disagreed you DEMANDED another reason. Learn to let things go.  And a lot of people take me seriosly ;)  

They wont anymore

lol  Because i had a disagreement with two kids badgering me for more explanations? (One who ive never even paid attention to and the other who tries to call people out any chance he gets)lol ok then haha

So could this get any more off-topic shinobi?  Or are we done here now?

We done here. See you in the next thread. :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

MB1025 said:
Euphoria14 said:

This begs the question then...

If they have a two-way conversation going on with the community then how did they end up making a console that was anything but what the community wanted?

That only happens when you don't listen.

I must have missed all the surveys they did over the past few years. They made a console a certain way without talking to anyone. Much like every console maker has done. Of course you know the little things people want like bigger friends list, party chat, and many things like that. However when it comes to the bigger features/policies on these systems no one is going to go out and just tell everyone what they are doing just to get feedback.

They made a mistake, changed it, and that is that.

Yes that is that, but it's somewhat dissapointing to see that Microsoft can't seem to understand what the average consumer wants in a product. They basically had designed a system thats very unfriendly to the consumer.

I'm going to get this over with early, I tell him. "Oh no," he says, in mock horror, "when a journalist says that to you, you know it's bad." I bring up the Xbox One dig.

"Yeah, I did reference it last night, I did open the door to the question," he admits. And it all goes back to that initial Xbox One proposition, unveiled at the Microsoft campus back in May – that the console would be a digital-media machine, that everything was shifting, that game discs were all but obsolete. The whole thing has been warped and misrepresented since, but the message coming from Redmond was that gamers would have to get used to a new way of purchasing and playing games. We tend to stay away from over analysing what the competition is up to," continues House. "But I'll characterise it this way: I was surprised … we constructed our E3 presentation because there was somehow a suspicion that the policies and approaches taken by our competition would create an industry trend in that direction. The reason we made such a strong statement at E3, and continue to do so, is because we were surprised by that.

Link

Andrew House responds to questions about why he decided to take a shot at Microsoft.

chocoloco said:
J_Allard said:
A nice, classy response. No reason to really reply to Sony's typically shitty PR/exec talk though.

I still remember Tretton trolling the 3DS when marketing the Vita. That turned out great for him.

Really? You think there is some kind of moral behavior in businsess in regards to facing the competition? People that take it this way take companies way to personally and seriously. It is just internet drama getting mad because one company was a meanie name caller.

Uh.. I didn't say a thing about morals. I said the response was classy and Sony execs usually say some pretty stupid shit. Neither has a thing to do with morals. No one is mad either, none of this affects us in any way.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

I'm going to get this over with early, I tell him. "Oh no," he says, in mock horror, "when a journalist says that to you, you know it's bad." I bring up the Xbox One dig.

"Yeah, I did reference it last night, I did open the door to the question," he admits. And it all goes back to that initial Xbox One proposition, unveiled at the Microsoft campus back in May – that the console would be a digital-media machine, that everything was shifting, that game discs were all but obsolete. The whole thing has been warped and misrepresented since, but the message coming from Redmond was that gamers would have to get used to a new way of purchasing and playing games. We tend to stay away from over analysing what the competition is up to," continues House. "But I'll characterise it this way: I was surprised … we constructed our E3 presentation because there was somehow a suspicion that the policies and approaches taken by our competition would create an industry trend in that direction. The reason we made such a strong statement at E3, and continue to do so, is because we were surprised by that.

Link

Andrew House responds to questions about why he decided to take a shot at Microsoft.

The bolded part is actually very true looking by forums, I remember MS fans like Puggsly and others being totally sure that Sony would come up with some DRM stuff, cause MS did and they have no other choice now, just I'll wait! 

How wrong they were.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Keepin it classy, felt like Sony's "dig" was out of place. Just adding more fuel to the fanboys

MB1025 said:
Euphoria14 said:

This begs the question then...

If they have a two-way conversation going on with the community then how did they end up making a console that was anything but what the community wanted?

That only happens when you don't listen.

I must have missed all the surveys they did over the past few years. They made a console a certain way without talking to anyone. Much like every console maker has done. Of course you know the little things people want like bigger friends list, party chat, and many things like that. However when it comes to the bigger features/policies on these systems no one is going to go out and just tell everyone what they are doing just to get feedback.

They made a mistake, changed it, and that is that.

Companies don't just make a product based on what they want and what they want alone, they build it based on how they percieve the market. They clearly perceived it wrong. They ignored much of the complaints when it comes to DRM and the importance of the 2nd hand market for consumers. That is why I question what Phil said. Nothing more.

I also agree with you that they made a mistake and changed it. I just personally think it is a bit too early for people to just forgive and forget. People are so quick to forget that they tried to screw us over.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

J_Allard said:
chocoloco said:
J_Allard said:
A nice, classy response. No reason to really reply to Sony's typically shitty PR/exec talk though.

I still remember Tretton trolling the 3DS when marketing the Vita. That turned out great for him.

Really? You think there is some kind of moral behavior in businsess in regards to facing the competition? People that take it this way take companies way to personally and seriously. It is just internet drama getting mad because one company was a meanie name caller.

Uh.. I didn't say a thing about morals. I said the response was classy and Sony execs usually say some pretty stupid shit. Neither has a thing to do with morals. No one is mad either, none of this affects us in any way.

funny because what Sony execs have said recently has gotten standing ovations.  Can't believe Xbox fans still try to downplay this stuff after thunderous applause.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

funny because what Sony execs have said recently has gotten standing ovations.  Can't believe Xbox fans still try to downplay this stuff after thunderous applause.

You're normally smarter than that, you know the type of stuff I am referring to. And for future reference, no, I don't really care about how some spergs react to an E3 slide.