By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer responds to Sony's 'dig' at Gamescom

Jay520 said:

Okay, this is my last post:

They peacefully and harmlessly stated that their competitor wasn't consistent with their Xbox One policy (This is a Fact). And they've contrasted that with themselves by peacefully stating that they have been consistent with PS4's policy.

Nothing, NOTHING there indicates trolling, slander, disrespect, childishness, arrogance, or any fathamable negative intention. It's just not there. Giving a simply contrast is one of the most commonly used tactics by marketers. Get used to it. I'm really sorry that you can't see that. I truly am.

So you view it differently than i do which is perfectly fine.   Im sorry I had to say that multiple times.  I truly am.

Around the Network

Jaywood you dont seem to be able to make the distinction between a fact and an opinion.

You cant just go around saying things that are blatantly untrue without backing up what your saying. What Sony said in their gamescom conf can be classified as either trolling or not trolling. Jay has clearly demonstrated that, based on the definition of trolling, sony wasnt trolling.

You dont get to decide what trolling means. Trolling already has a definition. There is nothing to agree on or disagree on. This is not an opinion.

I agree with Jay, i think you are well aware of the shortfalls of your argument..but just don't want to admit that you are wrong. This is where posters get things wrong and start to ruin the community.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Jaywood you dont seem to be able to make the distinction between a fact and an opinion.

You cant just go around saying things that are blatantly untrue without backing up what your saying. What Sony said in their gamescom conf can be classified as either trolling or not trolling. Jay has clearly demonstrated that, based on the definition of trolling, sony wasnt trolling.

You dont get to decide what trolling means. Trolling already has a definition. There is nothing to agree on or disagree on. This is not an opinion.

I agree with Jay, i think you are well aware of the shortfalls of your argument..but just don't want to admit that you are wrong. This is where posters get things wrong and start to ruin the community.

Next time quote me for starters.

What I underlined for you is pretty much it(different opinions).  Jay520 never said such a thing actually.  Both you and him have been badgering me about this and i told both of you that I respect your opinions, i just dont agree with them just as you dont agree with me.  You arent right.  Im not right.  You gave your reasons and I gave mine.  We have different views.  but i'd like you to have the courtesy to not badger me about it for pages upon pages when I said i respect what you had to say already yet you cant give me the same respect and drop it.  

For some reason this seems to really upset you and him that i view something differently than you.  Some people will agree with me as you have seen in this thread.  Others wont as you have also seen.  I see it as unprofessional and you see it as fair game.  Which is fine.  Why you are badgering me about saying what I said im not entirely sure.

I also want to point out that I have NOT ONCE argued with you or Jay520 about if I am right or wrong about trolling(Being unprofessional).  I tried to avoid this entire argument that you guys kept pushing to prove what exactly?  I told both of you right off the bat that if you disagree with me then that is ok.  You two are the ones badgering me about giving a reason which I already did.  Maybe it isnt the reason that you wanted, but it is the one i gave.  Live with it and move on, please.

I am having a great time reading this thread.

JayWood2010 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Next time quote me for starters.

What I underlined for you is pretty much it(different opinions).  Jay520 never said such a thing actually.  Both you and him have been badgering me about this and i told both of you that I respect your opinions, i just dont agree with them just as you dont agree with me.  You arent right.  Im not right.  You gave your reasons and I gave mine.  We have different views.  but i'd like you to have the courtesy to not badger me about it for pages upon pages when I said i respect what you had to say already yet you cant give me the same respect and drop it.  

For some reason this seems to really upset you and him that i view something differently than you.  Some people will agree with me as you have seen in this thread.  Others wont as you have also seen.  I see it as unprofessional and you see it as fair game.  Which is fine.  Why you are badgering me about saying what I said im not entirely sure.

I also want to point out that I have NOT ONCE argued with you or Jay520 about if I am right or wrong about trolling(Being unprofessional).  I tried to avoid this entire argument that you guys kept pushing to prove what exactly?  I told both of you right off the bat that if you disagree with me then that is ok.  You two are the ones badgering me about giving a reason which I already did.  Maybe it isnt the reason that you wanted, but it is the one i gave.  Live with it and move on, please.

Nope. I do not respect your opinion because its based on absolutely nothing. Its quite clear sony wasnt trolling. Not an opinion its fact. Next time you come into a thread with some baseless statements expect it to go down exactly like this again. And while i seriously just wanted a decent explanation, jay is spot on when he says you've gone and discredited yourself. Goodluck getting taken seriously in the future.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:

Nope. I do not respect your opinion because its based on absolutely nothing. Its quite clear sony wasnt trolling. Not an opinion its fact. Next time you come into a thread with some baseless statements expect it to go down exactly like this again. And while i seriously just wanted a decent explanation, jay is spot on when he says you've gone and discredited yourself. Goodluck getting taken seriously in the future.

lol  As i said earlier you are stating opinions as facts.  You are saying you are the only one that could possible be correct and because I disagree with you that I have discredited myself and that it is baseless statements.

My explanation was and always has been the same.  But because you disagreed you DEMANDED another reason. Learn to let things go.  And a lot of people take me seriosly ;)  

JayWood2010 said:
Shinobi-san said:

lol  As i said earlier you are stating opinions as facts.  You are saying you are the only one that could possible be correct and because I disagree with you that I have discredited myself and that it is baseless statements.

My explanation was and always has been the same.  But because you disagreed you DEMANDED another reason. Learn to let things go.  And a lot of people take me seriosly ;)  

They wont anymore

Holy smokes you people are still arguing over this.

Shinobi-san said:
JayWood2010 said:

They wont anymore

lol  Because i had a disagreement with two kids badgering me for more explanations? (One who ive never even paid attention to and the other who tries to call people out any chance he gets)lol ok then haha

So could this get any more off-topic shinobi?  Or are we done here now?

Euphoria14 said:

This begs the question then...

If they have a two-way conversation going on with the community then how did they end up making a console that was anything but what the community wanted?

That only happens when you don't listen.

I must have missed all the surveys they did over the past few years. They made a console a certain way without talking to anyone. Much like every console maker has done. Of course you know the little things people want like bigger friends list, party chat, and many things like that. However when it comes to the bigger features/policies on these systems no one is going to go out and just tell everyone what they are doing just to get feedback.

They made a mistake, changed it, and that is that.