By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer responds to Sony's 'dig' at Gamescom

JayWood2010 said:
iceboy151 said:
  JayWood2010 said:

At E3 it was a a little more relevant (Still unprofessional) and the crowd went wild.  At Gamescom it was strictly out of bad taste and I was glad the crowd didnt respond the same way.  It's like they tried to derail the show again and try to get a bunch of attention the same way they did at E3.

When they announced no DRM at E3, that's not unprofessional, it's smart. If your competition were implementing DRM, and you knew conusmers hate it. Wouldn't you let the world know that you wouldn't put it in your console? They're running a business, they're trying to get as many people on their side as possible.

As I said it was a little more relevant at E3.  At Gamescom it was more like "Hey we joked around and made fun of your policies at E3.  Now we are going to make fun of you for changing them because we can."

This is very unprofessional and reminds me of people who troll on a website.  If businesses used this tactic a lot then you would have comments like "Hey we never let 80 million accounts get hacked on Xbox Live"  or "Third Parties will support us unlike some other competitor."

It is simply trolling and unprofessional.  Cool if you enjoyed it but it is a dirty tactic and unprofessional.  Every company makes mistakes and Microsoft made one.  To make fun of them for trying to fix their mistake is a little pointless in my opinion.

That was quite an out of place remark by Sony, unprofessional but not irrelevent. I do not think that any credit is due to microsoft for reversing their policies, not yet.

Yes they have been listening and did quite a turn around. It is however debatable what sparked that turn around in the first place. The fear of losing to competition, luckluster preorders all of those were potential factors. You cannot yet claim that microsoft genuinely care and are 100% consumers orientated.

If you just step to the sideline and look at it impartially you will begin to see that microsoft has to be consistent with their new attitude over a certain stretch of time to prove that they have indeed changed. 

Forgive but do not forget. Acknowledge their efforts but don't give undue credit, that's what fanboys do unfortunately this website is plagued with them.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:

If Microsoft was in the same position as Sony, do you feel that they wouldn't do these type of things?

Can you show me where Microsoft or Nintendo trolled competitors during a scripted event?  MSFT/Nintendo has had plenty of opportunities to do the same because yes Sony has made plenty of mistakes themselves.

http://n4g.com/news/1337610/microsoft-mocks-sony-at-their-gamescom-showcase

Was that making fun of Sony?  That is something that has been in the news for months now of what indie developers were wanting MSFT to do.

What is your point? You asked me to show you somewhere Microsoft trolled competitors during scripted events. That was shown at Gamescom was it not? Also, want mistakes has sony made during this console launch? Care to elaborate? 

Got through the first two paragraphs and got too dizzy from the spin to finish it. Now im queesy

Shinobi-san said:

How is it unprofessional?

Sony is trying to get people to buy the PS4 instead of Xbone. They are saying MS can chop and change policies and direction at any time. While sony has not. These consoles are in direct competition, how is it out of place to tell people you are the better brand?

Also it wasnt just making fun. They are simply saying they are better. Its quite a different thing. Andrew house looked dead serious when he said it.

Would you consider it professional if Microsoft said  you should play Xbox Live because Sony allowed 80 million accounts to be hacked.  Or would it have been cool if MSFT and Nintendo back in 2006 said Buy our console and unlike sony, you dont have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Would that be considered professional as well?

riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:

http://n4g.com/news/1337610/microsoft-mocks-sony-at-their-gamescom-showcase

Was that making fun of Sony?  That is something that has been in the news for months now of what indie developers were wanting MSFT to do.

What is your point? You asked me to show you somewhere Microsoft trolled competitors during scripted events. That was shown at Gamescom was it not? Also, want mistakes has sony made during this console launch? Care to elaborate? 

My point is they are not making fun of Sony.

And this launch?  How about the Ps3 and PSV launch.  Dont you think they had plenty of opportunities then?

Around the Network

Sony's been quite rude ever since the Xbox One launched and its very immature of them. However its not uncommon for competing companies to act like this, but Sony and MS aren't exactly enemies like Apple and Samsung, or Airbus and Boeing.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'm just going to repost this comment I saw on Eurogamer's website...

"Listening to what people say" is a strength.

Appearing to not actually remotely understand what your customers want in the first place is a weakness.

V-r0cK said:
Kresnik said:
I agree with him in the sense that it's better that MS have listened to what consumers want and I totally respect that. It's very much the right thing to do.

The problem I have with it is - how did they come up with this console which consumers had to make so much noise about changing in the first place? It makes all this talk about "two-way conversations" seem like it's something they've just implemented. We're listening to you now (but, we weren't going to listen to you when we started).

Still, as long as they get to the right place in the end then that's all that matters.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Now lets see if they'll reduce the Xbone to $399 and/or have a Kinect-free SKU with a lower cost.

Same sentiments.  I also wonder if they would've "listened" to the customers if Sony also had similar DRM and used games policies and the pre-order numbers were basically 50/50.

JayWood2010 said:
Very good and professional response. Glad one of them kept it professional.

I dont think you know what professional is because what sony did was professional. Just because you highlight your competitions short commings doesnt make it unprofessional

MoHasanie said:
Sony's been quite rude ever since the Xbox One launched and its very immature of them. However its not uncommon for competing companies to act like this, but Sony and MS aren't exactly enemies like Apple and Samsung, or Airbus and Boeing.

Rude?!?! You guys were thanking them before and now all of a sudden Sony is rude...=(

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166550&page=1