By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2013 NPD Thread! - 3DS: 150k, 360: 107k, PS3: 79k

Carl2291 said:
kitler53 said:
S.Peelman said:
^^
"1.5m lower than DS first 29 months"…

DOOOOM! It's 1.5m below the best-selling, fastest selling system of all-time, shock-horror.

you realize that 1.5 M is just for the US market right?  WW the gap is over 10M now and growing fast.  at this point in time in DSs life it was selling on average 400k a week WW.

Isnt the gap closer to 8 Million WW than it is to 10 Million WW? Baring in mind that the DS had also already had Pokemon in Japan and an extra Holiday Season.

Pachter is being a bit of a dick here, simply because comparing anything to DS level sales is unfair, because nothing has ever sold as well as the DS did in the same time-frame. Not even the great PS2. To put a downer on things because it isnt selling as well as the DS was is probably, very likely a troll.

I'm pretty sure the 3DS is well below the GBA in North America too for the same time frame. In North America for equivalent time frames it is often below the PSP too.

For example, July 2007 (2 years + 4 months for PSP) vs. July 2013 (2 years + 4 months for 3DS) is 214k for the PSP vs. 141k for the 3DS.

So it's having some trouble even keeping pace with the PSP in North America month to month. Japan is what keeps the 3DS beasting.

I'm not sure if the 3DS honestly will even sell half of what the DS sold in North America. That might be a tough order to fulfill.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I'm pretty sure the 3DS is well below the GBA in North America too for the same time frame. In North America for equivalent time frames it is often below the PSP too.

For example, July 2007 (2 years + 4 months for PSP) vs. July 2013 (2 years + 4 months for 3DS) is 214k for the PSP vs. 141k for the 3DS.

So it's having some trouble even keeping pace with the PSP in North America month to month. Japan is what keeps the 3DS beasting.

Its quite amazing how phones and tablets came out of nowhere and shit all over the dedicated gaming handheld.

At least the 3DS at least, is still posting healthy software and hardware numbers. There is still room for at least 1 handheld gaming device.

Edit - Just seen a post on GAF with the totals after 29 Months.

GBA was at 16.3 Million
DS was at 10.35 Million
3DS is at 8.85 Million
PSP was at 8.14 Million

That GBA number is incredible.

pezus said:

The magic formula that says there are a lot more countries in Europe than those 3

He said the rest of Europe and in Others. He knows that Europe isnt 3 countries, pezus.

He just doesnt understand how the numbers are put together.

So according to NPD Minecraft outsold The Last of Us, so Minecraft is massively under-tracked and The Last of Us is massively over-tracked on Vgchartz.

According to Vgchartz Minecraft sold 91,079 and TLoU sold 165,619 in the US during July, both games definitely need big adjustments. Aside from that, another boring month.

osed125 said:

Any numbers on SMT IV?

I was wondering this, too.  I'm curious.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
S.Peelman said:
^^
"1.5m lower than DS first 29 months"…

DOOOOM! It's 1.5m below the best-selling, fastest selling system of all-time, shock-horror.

you realize that 1.5 M is just for the US market right?  WW the gap is over 10M now and growing fast.  at this point in time in DSs life it was selling on average 400k a week WW.

Yes, I realize that. That's still pretty good, only 1.5m behind after over 2 years? Except for those that believe the 3DS is supposed to sell like 200m, I don't see how it's performance in any way can be considered disappointing.

JustThatGamer said:
So according to NPD Minecraft outsold The Last of Us, so Minecraft is massively under-tracked and The Last of Us is massively over-tracked on Vgchartz.

According to Vgchartz Minecraft sold 91,079 and TLoU sold 165,619 in the US during July, both games definitely need big adjustments. Aside from that, another boring month.

We dont know how many units each game sold, so all we can assume is that Minecraft is undertracked significantly. We may have The Last of Us spot on, but at the same time could be undertracking Minecraft by 80,000 units.

JustThatGamer said:

Not sure if The Last of Us is really overtracked or Minecraft just a lot undertracked but i think The Last of Us could be undertracked in Europe then. I know for sure that it is undertracked in Germany where it got an award to reach 200k+ sales anytime in July. Maybe the same in other European countries.

Lucas-Rio said:

This isn't "Nintendo numbers". This is numbers from the main trackers. And it shows well that since April, Nintendo 3DS is ahead in Europe.

GFK shows PS3 over 3DS in Europe lol.

Lucas-Rio said:
http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/19/3ds-outselling-ps3-xbox-360-week-by-week-in-uk-according-to-nintendo/

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps3-topples-xbox-360-in-june/0118601
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps3-outselling-xbox-360-in-the-uk-this-summer/0120222

PS3 sold more in June... 3DS more in May and April... overall (the last three month) 3DS sold more in UK (that what Nintendo said).... but I can show you more data.

Like the main Europe.

Do you think the Red is bigger than Black? lol

Now April...

Close no?

May...

3DS better in May.

I'm sure PS3 is leading the Europe for the year... just wait the new Nintendo chartz ... now you can stop to say things that you don't know.