By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 8 weaknesses of Nintendo

pezus said:

I agree with all the points! 

I don't think it's accurate to agree with #7 and #4.
#7 says they don't listen to their fans... but what do you think NSMB U was for?  Or why you're seeing a lot of returning aspects from old games?  Or why we're getting so many of these "overrated" games some people complain about?  Because these are some of the more heavily requested content.  To this extent, Nintendo very much does listen to their fans.  

#4 Isn't true.  Nintendo has used mature themes with a few of their games, namely Metroid and Fire Emblem.  

Around the Network

low end hardware is the exception, not the rule.

they've made 6 home consoles thus far, 1 of them really underpowered and 1 stop gap gen. The rest of them were on par or higher than competition.

I think they should try to make more mature games.

the thread is so bad that all of those 8 points are in fact positive ones.

All of those weaknesses are small compare to their biggest one: Not making a F-Zero game in 10 years!

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

@OP: Not sure if being sarcastic... Those "weaknesses" gave Nintendo dominance over the top 15 games sold in history. PS2 is the best selling console of all time. It's top selling game, at number 16, is a third party title. In fact, it's top four selling games are from the same third party series. Now they don't have it as an exclusive anymore. Nintendo is and will always be fine. Nintendo has plenty of mature games. Unless by "mature," you actually mean western cover-shooter.

RolStoppable said:
FrancisNobleman said:
low end hardware is the exception, not the rule.

they've made 6 home consoles thus far, 1 of them really underpowered and 1 stop gap gen. The rest of them were on par or higher than competition.

Handhelds are included in that point.

NIntendo handhelds live in a monopoly, so being weak or strong doesn't really matter to the point. the only true contender to the handheld space was the psp and sony ruined it with a disc system and shoddy ps2 ports. Now the 3DS is alone again, and no, Vita isn't going nowhere, unfortunatelly. 

spurgeonryan said:
Fusioncode said:
You're trying too hard.

I swear that out of the 844 some odd post from you, that 800 of them seem to say pretty much the same thing. But I cannot know for sure. Just seems like you said this same thing a day or so ago.

@ Pezus

Lol, you did not read it.

800 of my posts all say "You're trying too hard"? That's pretty strange. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

They may have low end hardware but they have much better quality hardware than Sony and MS. And its smart to have low end hardware since they can actually make profits.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

RolStoppable said:

2. Dominant first party software sales - I don't think I need to explain why this is a problem.

Feel good horseshit, NES/SNES had far stronger 3rd party sales with just as strong 1st party as N64/GCN. The notion that 3rd parties avoid Nintendo platforms because Nintendo games are just TOO good is stupid damage control, and frankly insulting to the entire rest of the industry.