By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 8 weaknesses of Nintendo

The interesting thing here is that most of the trolling victims are Nintendo fans. Maybe that was intentional, who knows.

Regardless, if I may treat the question seriously for a moment, I would say that Nintendo's biggest weakness is that they react very, very slowly to emerging trends, if at all. There is really nothing wrong with incorporating the successes others are having into what you're doing. There seems to be this stubbornness about Nintendo, this feeling that they don't want to follow the methods others have used, even if those methods are extremely popular and wanted by the fans. I still think that the old guard at Nintendo grumbled and pouted for weeks when people started clamoring about this "online" element, or those new fangled "CDs".

Around the Network
DietSoap said:

RolStoppable said:

2. Dominant first party software sales - I don't think I need to explain why this is a problem.

Feel good horseshit, NES/SNES had far stronger 3rd party sales with just as strong 1st party as N64/GCN. The notion that 3rd parties avoid Nintendo platforms because Nintendo games are just TOO good is stupid damage control, and frankly insulting to the entire rest of the industry.

Insulting but true, you'll understand when you're older.

TheLastStarFighter said:
DietSoap said:

Feel good horseshit, NES/SNES had far stronger 3rd party sales with just as strong 1st party as N64/GCN. The notion that 3rd parties avoid Nintendo platforms because Nintendo games are just TOO good is stupid damage control, and frankly insulting to the entire rest of the industry.

Insulting but true, you'll understand when you're older.

He's 83 years old

Nintendo and PC gamer

The only mistake Nintendo has made is their lack of games in the beginning stages of their recent consoles and handhelds. But they've always came back strong.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

pezus said:

I did too. I would add some more points but 8 will do

I'm waiting for you to make a "Top 8 Weaknesses of Sony" thread. Do it... nao.

Anyhow, I would say #7 is a strength. Especially seeing as how some Nintendo Fans wanted Reggie Fils-Aime to be a playable character in the next Super Smash Bros. game.

Around the Network

Yeah I can't believe they want Reggie in the game! Hilarious.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

aikohualda said:
top 8 weaknesses of nintendo

8 Fire type
7 grass type
6 electric type
5 poison type
4 dark type
3 flying type
2 normal type
1 ghost type

1. ice< fighting, rock, steel,

2. flying < rock, electric, ice

3. Bug< flying, fire, rock

4. Fire < water, ground, rock

5. grass< flying, fire, bug, poison

6. psychic < bug, dark, ghost

7. dark <bug and fighting

8. Ground <  Ice, grass, water

Trying to prioritize based on competitive battling. Basically anything weak to stealth rock, scizor's U-turn, and stab fighting is bad. Ground weaker than rock because of bolt beam.

Lots of complaints

No suggested solutions

How did people miss that this is a Rol thread?!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I also mostly agree with Rol's list. However, I actually see point 1 as one of their greatest strenghs. Look how Sony fails over and over again to create such a mascot franchise.

My weakest point as of today is the lack of new ideas, regarding new IP's or the current franchises. They haven't brought up a significant new IP since Pikmin (okay Wii Sports changed the industry, but it's still not a traditional game) and their newest installments of well known franchises feel like remakes of older iterations.

That said, I still enjoy Nintendo games and I'm glad they're still around.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey