By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will The First 10 Million Seller On The 3DS Be!? <(^_^<)

3DS's First 10 Million Seller?

Super Mario 3D Land 65 17.24%

Mario Kart 7 67 17.77%

Pokemon X/Y 234 62.07%

Other (post it!) 10 2.65%

Total:376

I think Pokemon has the best chance

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

10 million in less than a year? Impossible! Though I don't actually know if any Pokemon game was able to reach this feat.

Diamond/Pearl did about 7.5 million in its first 10 weeks if u align launches in all major territories

But when did it get to 10 million!?

Not sure but one other thing to take into account is that D/P launched in April in US/EU, this time its in Oct so the holidays will fall into the first 10 weeks so sales could very well be higher. 

I know this! What I don't know are the actual sales! I guess I'll stop being lazy and try to look them up myself.

Well the thing is VGchartz only shows first 10 weeks sales on a specific games page, after that it goes yearly sales. The only way to find out would be to go the the individual weekly sales charts and add the numbers urself, which I do not feel like doing

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I suppose it might be Mario Kart 7 going by this graph: 

When the hardware boost happens in the holidays from new games and just the overall holiday season, I can see Mario Kart 7 pushing ahead of Super Mario 3D Land and into 10m before 3D land gets to 10m.  However, I could be dead wrong.

MDMAlliance said:

I suppose it might be Mario Kart 7 going by this graph: 

When the hardware boost happens in the holidays from new games and just the overall holiday season, I can see Mario Kart 7 pushing ahead of Super Mario 3D Land and into 10m before 3D land gets to 10m.  However, I could be dead wrong.

It would be cool if they did it in the same week

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

Diamond/Pearl did about 7.5 million in its first 10 weeks if u align launches in all major territories

But when did it get to 10 million!?

itsdifferent this time, every other time pokemon came out about half year later so it took awhile, this year being launch WW and right before christmas makes me believe 10mil will come week of christmas, if not maybe beginning of Dec

I don't know exactly how well the previous games sold to begin with lol. I thought you could just align launches like Zorg2000 did.

Who the hell is zorg2000

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
I don't know exactly how well the previous games sold to begin with lol. I thought you could just align launches like Zorg2000 did.

Who the hell is zorg2000

Your better half.

Mario kart 7

zorg1000 said:

I really really hope ur being sarcastic

He is. Rol is King Nintendrone. Obviously...

Anyhow, Pokemon X/Y or Mario Kart 7. Which ever hits 10 Million first is the one I chose.

NintendoPie said:
zorg1000 said:

I really really hope ur being sarcastic

He is. Rol is King Nintendrone. Obviously...

Anyhow, Pokemon X/Y or Mario Kart 7. Which ever hits 10 Million first is the one I chose.

I can usually detect his sarcasm but other times it goes right over my head

And good prediction

Zelda. A link between worlds.