By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will The First 10 Million Seller On The 3DS Be!? <(^_^<)

3DS's First 10 Million Seller?

Super Mario 3D Land 65 17.24%

Mario Kart 7 67 17.77%

Pokemon X/Y 234 62.07%

Other (post it!) 10 2.65%

Total:376
zorg1000 said:
It was 20 weeks for D/P with launches aligned but the holidays should make X/Y do it sooner.

Have u noticed the Europe numbers dont match up for B/W on this site? On the B/W page it says .59 for total EU sales but I looked at the weekly charts and after 20 weeks it was over 2 million. Whats up with that?

Total Units

North America: 5.36m 36.3%
+ Europe: 0.59m 4.0%
+ Japan: 5.64m 38.3%
+ Rest of the World: 3.15m 21.4%
= Global 14.74m

???  I'm not exactly sure where you're looking.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
zorg1000 said:
It was 20 weeks for D/P with launches aligned but the holidays should make X/Y do it sooner.

Have u noticed the Europe numbers dont match up for B/W on this site? On the B/W page it says .59 for total EU sales but I looked at the weekly charts and after 20 weeks it was over 2 million. Whats up with that?

Total Units

= Global 14.74m

Look at Europe sales, it says .59 million. Now go to the weekly hardware charts in July 2011 for Europe, it has it over 2.0m.

I think the database has Europe and Others mixed up.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MDMAlliance said:
zorg1000 said:

Total Units

= Global 14.74m

Look at Europe sales, it says .59 million. Now go to the weekly hardware charts in July 2011 for Europe, it has it over 2.0m.

After looking at the comparison chart, it is weird.  It shows the first 6 weeks as pretty much nothing, then suddenly by week 7 it is up to 2m.  Something is messed up here.

MDMAlliance said:
zorg1000 said:
MDMAlliance said:
zorg1000 said:

Total Units

= Global 14.74m

After looking at the comparison chart, it is weird.  It shows the first 6 weeks as pretty much nothing, then suddenly by week 7 it is up to 2m.  Something is messed up here.

I really think the just misplaced Europe and Rest of Word sales on the B/W page, because rest of world sales are extremely high In xomparison to other titles, maybe piracy didnt affect its sales in Europe as much as originally thought.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MDMAlliance said:

I really think the just misplaced Europe and Rest of Word sales on the B/W page, because rest of world sales are extremely high In xomparison to other titles, maybe piracy didnt affect its sales in Europe as much as originally thought.

Maybe.  over 3m is pretty high for "Rest of World."  Also, http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/1_million_copies_of_pokemon_black_and_white_sold_in_europe I guess VGChartz screwed up.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

I would of course prefer alligned since X/Y is getting a WW release, but even if it's not it should still give me a decent idea if I add up the total after the first 20-30 weeks in each region.

Launches aligned it took 20 weeks, X/Y could do it sooner since it will have christmas for US/EU

Yeah it likely could break 10m in less than 20 weeks, especially with holidays as you pointed out and those bundles that Tbone pointed out (they will come to NA/EU!!!). Buuuut still, I only see X/Y at 8m after the holidays, at which point MK7/SM3DL should be inches away from that 10m mark. It's definitely going to be an uber close race!

Yeah it likely could break 10m in less than 20 weeks, especially with holidays as you pointed out and those bundles that Tbone pointed out (they will come to NA/EU!!!). Buuuut still, I only see X/Y at 8m after the holidays, at which point MK7/SM3DL should be inches away from that 10m mark. It's definitely going to be an uber close race!

I think 3D Land and Mario Kart will pass 10m this year and Pokemon sometime in Q1 2014.

That would be a nice thing to brag about at the fiscal year report, 3 games passed 10 million sales in 2013.

@Eisum+MDM

i think it'll easily hit 10mil before years end

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl First 10 Weeks (Euro= 9weeks)

2,410,377 ⇔ US
1,578,589 ⇔ Europe
3,430,890 ⇔ Japan

7,420,000=Total(estimate)

This X/Y not only has more hype, but its releasing WW in Oct which follow in holidays, Europe+US never had this kind of release near holiday (exception of BW2)

I say again 10mil is tooooooo easy

tbone51 said:
@Eisum+MDM

2,410,377 ⇔ US
1,578,589 ⇔ Europe
3,430,890 ⇔ Japan

This X/Y not only has more hype, but its releasing WW in Oct which follow in holidays, Europe+US never had this kind of release near holiday (exception of BW2)

I do think it could easily be a close one, but if you look at MK7, it already has over 8m sales, spiking at every holiday season.  With the pokemon release, if lots of new 3DS systems get sold, you can count on MK7 sales to increase as well.  I simply think that MK7 will be able to inch to 10m before Pokemon X/Y bolts past it.

MDMAlliance said:
tbone51 said:
@Eisum+MDM

2,410,377 ⇔ US
1,578,589 ⇔ Europe
3,430,890 ⇔ Japan

I do think it could easily be a close one, but if you look at MK7, it already has over 8m sales, spiking at every holiday season.  With the pokemon release, if lots of new 3DS systems get sold, you can count on MK7 sales to increase as well.  I simply think that MK7 will be able to inch to 10m before Pokemon X/Y bolts past it.

i totally agree, even with SM3DL i see all 3 of them with at least 10mil by years end, i was just stating Pokemon X/Y will have 10mil sales!