By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will The First 10 Million Seller On The 3DS Be!? <(^_^<)

3DS's First 10 Million Seller?

Super Mario 3D Land 65 17.24%

Mario Kart 7 67 17.77%

Pokemon X/Y 234 62.07%

Other (post it!) 10 2.65%

Total:376
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

I know this! What I don't know are the actual sales! I guess I'll stop being lazy and try to look them up myself.

Well the thing is VGchartz only shows first 10 weeks sales on a specific games page, after that it goes yearly sales. The only way to find out would be to go the the individual weekly sales charts and add the numbers urself, which I do not feel like doing

Well it shouldn't be too difficult finding the week D/P passed 10m at, so I'll think I'll go do that.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

I suppose it might be Mario Kart 7 going by this graph: 

*Graph*

When the hardware boost happens in the holidays from new games and just the overall holiday season, I can see Mario Kart 7 pushing ahead of Super Mario 3D Land and into 10m before 3D land gets to 10m.  However, I could be dead wrong.

I say you wont be wrong! For once!

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

I know this! What I don't know are the actual sales! I guess I'll stop being lazy and try to look them up myself.

Well the thing is VGchartz only shows first 10 weeks sales on a specific games page, after that it goes yearly sales. The only way to find out would be to go the the individual weekly sales charts and add the numbers urself, which I do not feel like doing

Well it shouldn't be too difficult finding the week D/P passed 10m at, so I'll think I'll go do that.

R u looking for 10 million in general or with all territories aligned?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

I would of course prefer alligned since X/Y is getting a WW release, but even if it's not it should still give me a decent idea if I add up the total after the first 20-30 weeks in each region.

week 47 for pokemon diamond/pearl
week 28 for pokemon black/white

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Pok%26%2365533%3Bmon+Diamond+%2F+Pearl+Version+%28DS%29+%5B4022%5D&game%5B%5D=Pokemon+Black+Version+%28DS%29+%5B44573%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Pok%26%2365533%3Bmon+Diamond+%2F+Pearl+Version+%28DS%29+%5B4022%5D&game%5B%5D=Pokemon+Black+Version+%28DS%29+%5B44573%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

That works too, thanks! Like I said before X/Y is more comparable to D/P than B/W, so how long it takes to reach 10m should also be more similar to D/P.

tbone51 said:

I would suppose that a simultaneous release would shorten the time by a lot, but the thing is that Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D Land are already so close to 10m.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

I would of course prefer alligned since X/Y is getting a WW release, but even if it's not it should still give me a decent idea if I add up the total after the first 20-30 weeks in each region.

Launches aligned it took 20 weeks, X/Y could do it sooner since it will have christmas for US/EU

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

That works too, thanks! Like I said before X/Y is more comparable to D/P than B/W, so how long it takes to reach 10m should also be more similar to D/P.

it wont be the same though, when it releases it'll have about 10-11 weeks to get 10mil by years end. the thing though is that its releasing for US/Europe right before the holidays and is WW release. Also this is the first time that there is a bundle game (at least japan only so far)

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

it wont be the same though, when it releases it'll have about 10-11 weeks to get 10mil by years end. the thing though is that its releasing for US/Europe right before the holidays and is WW release. Also this is the first time that there is a bundle game (at least japan only so far)

It was 20 weeks for D/P with launches aligned but the holidays should make X/Y do it sooner.

Have u noticed the Europe numbers dont match up for B/W on this site? On the B/W page it says .59 for total EU sales but I looked at the weekly charts and after 20 weeks it was over 2 million. Whats up with that?