By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will The First 10 Million Seller On The 3DS Be!? <(^_^<)

3DS's First 10 Million Seller?

Super Mario 3D Land 65 17.24%

Mario Kart 7 67 17.77%

Pokemon X/Y 234 62.07%

Other (post it!) 10 2.65%

Total:376
VGPolyglot said:
Mario Kart 7? I'm not sure to be honest.

I'd like to know why that is.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, Mario Kart 7 is already at 8 million, so it has less than 2 million to go. I believe that it will do better than Super Mario Land 3D during the holidays, and get to 10 million before it. But  I think Pokemon X/Y could reach 10 million before it if it does really well.

VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, Mario Kart 7 is already at 8 million, so it has less than 2 million to go. I believe that it will do better than Super Mario Land 3D during the holidays, and get to 10 million before it. But  I think Pokemon X/Y could reach 10 million before it if it does really well.

10 million in less than a year? Impossible! Though I don't actually know if any Pokemon game was able to reach this feat.

Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

10 million in less than a year? Impossible! Though I don't actually know if any Pokemon game was able to reach this feat.

Diamond/Pearl did about 7.5 million in its first 10 weeks if u align launches in all major territories

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

Diamond/Pearl did about 7.5 million in its first 10 weeks if u align launches in all major territories

But when did it get to 10 million!?

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

itsdifferent this time, every other time pokemon came out about half year later so it took awhile, this year being launch WW and right before christmas makes me believe 10mil will come week of christmas, if not maybe beginning of Dec

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not sure but one other thing to take into account is that D/P launched in April in US/EU, this time its in Oct so the holidays will fall into the first 10 weeks so sales could very well be higher. 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

itsdifferent this time, every other time pokemon came out about half year later so it took awhile, this year being launch WW and right before christmas makes me believe 10mil will come week of christmas, if not maybe beginning of Dec

I don't know exactly how well the previous games sold to begin with lol. I thought you could just align launches like Zorg2000 did.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Chris1596 said:
Pokemon X/Y or Mario Kart 7

Nope, you can only choose one!

Fine I choose Pokemon X/Y (even though I voted for Mario Kart)

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not sure but one other thing to take into account is that D/P launched in April in US/EU, this time its in Oct so the holidays will fall into the first 10 weeks so sales could very well be higher. 

I know this! What I don't know are the actual sales! I guess I'll stop being lazy and try to look them up myself.