By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will The First 10 Million Seller On The 3DS Be!? <(^_^<)

3DS's First 10 Million Seller?

Super Mario 3D Land 65 17.24%

Mario Kart 7 67 17.77%

Pokemon X/Y 234 62.07%

Other (post it!) 10 2.65%

Total:376
zorg1000 said:
3D Land

This is the first I've seen of you making a claim without a proper supporting argument. :L

Around the Network

3D Land in this Xmas!

Click HERE and be happy 

tbone51 said:
FW Sales

Diamond/Pearl vs Black/White

1,646,064 ⇔ Japan ⇔ 2,609,129
1,159,158 ⇔ US ⇔ 1,893,150
411,655 ⇔ Europe ⇔ N/A

I think the reason Black/White was so front heavy was because everyone already had a DS, whereas with Diamond/Pearl, the DS's install base still had plenty of room to grow. Basically I think X/Y's FW will be more like D/P's than B/W's, so 2.5-3.5 million.

RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
RolStoppable said:
In the spirit of the great tbone51, I say Luigi's Mansion 2. Oh those wonderful drugs!

But Tbone was right, and you're going to be horribly wrong!

Nope.

The origins of the entire drug thing was that tbone made a thread asking what the first 10m seller is going to be. The choices were the three games you got here, plus NSMB2, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2. So five games that had the potential to manage 10m and one that would be lucky to get half of that.

I actually fully expect LM2 to make 5m lifetime. Should already be at +3m by the end of this year, and with the 3DS likely to last atleast 5 more years, it should have ample time to pick up 2 more million.

Guys, get real... Pokemon. The B/W 2 games sold over 7 million and it was a knock off B/W.(I know it is "new" to an extent) Think about it... the REMAKES sell 10+ million. X&Y will do the trick. 3D Land and 7 will make it eventually.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
RolStoppable said:
In the spirit of the great tbone51, I say Luigi's Mansion 2. Oh those wonderful drugs!

But Tbone was right, and you're going to be horribly wrong!

Nope.

The origins of the entire drug thing was that tbone made a thread asking what the first 10m seller is going to be. The choices were the three games you got here, plus NSMB2, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2. So five games that had the potential to manage 10m and one that would be lucky to get half of that.

I actually fully expect LM2 to make 5m lifetime. Should already be at +3m by the end of this year, and with the 3DS likely to last atleast 5 more years, it should have ample time to pick up 2 more million.

its already over 2.65mil, its going to be around 3.5mil-4mil by years end. Depending on legs, the game can see minumum 5mil maximum 7mil

Pokemon X/Y or Mario Kart 7

RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
3D Land

This is the first I've seen of you making a claim without a proper supporting argument. :L

This shouldn't surprise anyone who has witnessed how hard he got owned in the 5m sellers for 3DS thread.

How did I get owned it that thread?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ljink96 said:
Guys, get real... Pokemon. The B/W 2 games sold over 7 million and it was a knock off B/W.(I know it is "new" to an extent) Think about it... the REMAKES sell 10+ million. X&Y will do the trick. 3D Land and 7 will make it eventually.

Yes yes yes! We all know Pokemon games are guaranteed +10 million sellers! The question is will X/Y get there before another game does? I figure it has less than a year to do so as SM3DL and MK7 are already at 8.6m and 8.2m respectively.

Chris1596 said:
Pokemon X/Y or Mario Kart 7

Nope, you can only choose one!